Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally changed to a OSCAR supported device. Help me analyze my therapy please.
RE: Finally changed to a OSCAR supported device. Help me analyze my therapy please.
Your humidifier is part of the s10 it is not an add on, so I think you have a humidifier.  Yes, it does not look like you are mouth breathing so the humidifier should help.  You will need to experiment with how high to set it.  Those are comfort settings and is just based on how it feels to you...
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally changed to a OSCAR supported device. Help me analyze my therapy please.
(10-11-2020, 01:41 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Your humidifier is part of the s10 it is not an add on, so I think you have a humidifier.  Yes, it does not look like you are mouth breathing so the humidifier should help.  You will need to experiment with how high to set it.  Those are comfort settings and is just based on how it feels to you...

My ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet doesnt have a humidifier. When I was picking it up they showed me the humidifier and how it can be added to the device, but I need my doctor to write them a prescription for it first.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is a picture of the s10 the humidifier is the clear chamber (photo also included).  You would not need a prescription for it, it should have came with it.  If it did not they had to purchase a door to close off where the humidifier goes or the machine can not function.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2020, 02:25 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Here is a picture of the s10 the humidifier is the clear chamber (photo also included).  You would not need a prescription for it, it should have came with it.  If it did not they had to purchase a door to close off where the humidifier goes or the machine can not function.

Correct, the machine is fully closed with the door thing instead of a humidifier.

You need a separate doctors prescription for this in Germany. Had two sleep doctors so far and different CPAPs and for both I would have had to get a prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-11-2020, 02:35 PM)vrapche031 Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 02:25 PM)staceyburke Wrote: Here is a picture of the s10 the humidifier is the clear chamber (photo also included).  You would not need a prescription for it, it should have came with it.  If it did not they had to purchase a door to close off where the humidifier goes or the machine can not function.

Correct, the machine is fully closed with the door thing instead of a humidifier.

You need a separate doctors prescription for this in Germany. Had two sleep doctors so far and different CPAPs and for both I would have had to get a prescription.

Try Amazon, eBay, community online sales, Senior Center Thrift Store, I have found them for under $20. They make a big difference, as far as dry mouth goes, a wise investment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Then I guess I would order from amazon or a like company.  It less than 20$ US...
Post Reply Post Reply
I mean I can just get the prescription from my doctor the next time I go there. It doesnt cost me anything Smile

What do you think about the last couple of nights sleep data?
Post Reply Post Reply
You are doing fine except for the centrals.  We have you move down the EPR to reduce Centrals.  Your EPR=3  I would go down to 1 and see if that helps.  If you still have quite a few centrals go to EPR=0.  If someone else has a better suggestion, please feel free to comment.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR 1 may make sense in light of 14 CA to 4 Hypopnea over this session. I don't recall, but these may be treatment emergent, so let's track to see if/when they diminish; noting the CA are consistently inconsistent. Try it and see what the results are. How are you feeling during or after therapy? Good or bad comfort?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I changed the EPR settings last night and it seems that going from 3 to 1 did help with the centrals. I will keep using it at 1 for a couple of days and get back to you after I see how I feel and if the centrals stay away. I feel comfortable with EPR on 1 as well, that part is fine.

There is one thing that I wanted to ask you lovely people, could someone compare the last two nights and tell me if they see any big differences in them? 

11.10.2020 I woke up and I felt tired but not completely exhausted - EPR was still 3
12.10.2020 I woke up feeling like a truck run me over - EPR was 1

There is a pretty big difference when it comes to leaks. I kept opening my mouth during the night and had air coming out of it which kept waking me up, at some point I put on my chin strap.  Does the CPAP recognize this as leaks or are leaks only when the air leaks between the mask and my nose? 

Basically, I am trying to figure out if there is anything else that I am missing or did I really feel that much worse because of the leaks. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 165 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,032 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 117 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.