Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally getting good nights - amazing
Finally getting good nights - amazing
Using a FFM Quattro Air - leaks under control, getting consistent nights now.

Many/most nights are like this:

*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally getting good nights - amazing
That looks FANTASTIC Peter. Way to go. Even us guys with the old technology can make it work.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks numbers are excellent, 12 hours seem long time to be spent in bed while scorer and tennis going on Too-funny
Congrats

Post Reply Post Reply
Good-work

Congrats

Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats!!!!!
I hope I can reach the same stage as you one day soon.

As for the mask...loved the mask. I tried a ton of different FF masks and that one felt really good and worked perfectly in that it didn't leak anywhere except, I opened my mouth so I couldn't use it.
I have kept it just in case that changed one day, keeping my mouth closed while wearing it.

Must be nice to get all the way through the night as you are doing Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Getting through the night is never my problem. It's the leaks and AHI numbers that get me - too many years on my dream machine I think, as nothing bothers me enough to wake me up - need to rely on my lovely wife to wake me if I am hissing or something.

My secret (sadly) is to strap this mask on very, very tightly. So my mouth can't open enough to drop my lower lip below the mask. Any looser (at all) and by morning it is leaking on me. The number of hours is more a med issue, and some nights I get 2-3 hours, and other nights I get 10-12 hours. It is what it is...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Peter_C,
CONGRATULATIONS!
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Another great night~! AHI 0.7 over 9hrs. Leaks kept under 19 too. I believe I have finally found something that will work more than randomly. Of course, I *feel* zero difference between an AHI of '10', and an AHI of '0.7' - but I know, lower IS better.

Post Reply Post Reply
I do know what you mean.
Congratulations!
Now that we we have our AHI under control we just need to remember how to feel like we are 21 again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great job Peter!!!

Sometimes all it takes is finding just the right combo of mask, pressure and assorted other settings.

I thought I had been doing well and had a good streak going...but I have since found something that has cut my leaks and AHI number by up to 2/3 in some cases. When it clicks, ride it, man...they don't call it a "sweet spot" for nothing! Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 70 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,030 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 146 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 211 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 213 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.