Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally getting used to CPAP but still waking up alot
Finally getting used to CPAP but still waking up alot
Hey guys. So yeah, as the title suggests, I'm finally using my CPAP regularly after fighting with different masks and giving up several times. I found that the Resmed F30 was the best mask I ever tried. Super comfy and hardly ever leaks. Even though I'm falling asleep with the CPAP now, i find that I'm waking up just as often as without it, and also waking up gasping for breath, just like before I started my therapy. The gasping for breath thing ONLY happens between 1 and 3 hours after I fall asleep. For whatever reason, it never happens after that. I've tried a Wellue pulse/ox ring and thought my o2 sometimes dips as low as 91, it never really coincides with the gasping/panic incidents. Very weird. Anyway, below i'll be posting two charts. The first is the night before last's data, where I felt like I finally got some decent sleep for the first time in a while. Felt pretty good that day. Then yesterday's chart, where I thought I slept OK, but after 9 a.m., I felt like garbage. Sleepy all day. Hoping you guys can see something I can't. Any questions, please ask.

Edit: Added a 3 min zoomed in pic of flow rate right before the gasping for air incident

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally getting used to CPAP but still waking up alot
Here's last night's charts. The one thing that remains consistent, whether I use the CPAP or not, are the 1-3 a.m. gasping/panic/elevated heart rate episodes. The second pic is zoomed in 3.5 min before I woke up to slight gasping/elevated heart rate. Forgot to mention I've been using the CPAP for about 5 days now. So far feel exactly the same, except maybe the 1-3 a.m. episodes haven't been as bad, so far.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
lol should I have said pretty please? Are the charts not detailed enough, or what? Anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your graphs are too small to see. Maximize them on your screen before you take the screenshot and see if that helps. There is also a setting which I think is under Files (Upper left) > Preferences > Appearance. But I cannot get it to do a screen shot with that window open for you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 48 3,371 04-19-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  SleepHQ O2 Ring Alarm waking me up MurrayApnea 1 187 04-19-2024, 08:53 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Flow Limit and frequent waking issues Premier1991 3 232 04-15-2024, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross Waking up anxious Gailofiowa 3 133 04-09-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Cool [Pressure] Finally a Resmed user!!! Need Help!!! :) mrsleepyhead2001 2 186 04-01-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 360 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 413 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.