Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally got it dialed in! Took 2 months, though.
I can understand why the CPAP non-compliance rate is 34%.  (  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4992257/  ).  I started off with Noeco's suggestion:  ResMed AirSence10-Elite, full face Air Fit M20 Large , 78°, 4 Humidity Level, 16 constant pressure.  Was getting fair results but with significant leaks, mostly at the ends of my lips.  Tried 2 different nose masks and couldn't keep them on my head.  Bought a $60 CPAP pillow from Amazon.  Didn't help the nose masks at all.  In fact it made the leaks worse.  Tried a Medium Air Fit F20.  Still leaked.  Also my throat was getting painfully dry.  Even started using TheraBreath Dry Throat Lozenges.  Had my Doctor lower the pressure to 13 thinking the high pressure was blowing the masks off my face.  Back to Norco. 
They suggested an AirTouchhF20 Large.   VIOLA like

Today-2 months into CPAP therapy-I'm a happy camper.  Glad I stuck with it.  Humidity upped to level 7-stopped my dry throat entirely.  No air leaks at all with the AirTouch F20 Large mask.  Pressure still a constant 13.  Getting consistent 100% marks on myAir web app.  I do spray the water tank and mask with Purell disinfect every morning - can't submerge the AirTouch mask.  Clean the tubes every Sunday using Jonhson's Baby Shampoo - no real estate to set up a SoClean machine.  I no longer get a spit up of phlegm at all.  I'm sleeping better than I have in 20 years.  The reason for all this blabber is to maybe convince someone on the edge to keep the faith.  The AirTouch system solved all my problems.  Truthfully I have gotten up at night and forgot I have a CPAP covering my face - I'm now so comfortable with my set-up.  I'm also thankful that Norco gave me samples of many different configuration for trial.  Anxious for my "compliance appointment" in 2 weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Glad the mask is it's working out for you. How are you doing as far as treatment concerning your AHI? By the way Sleepyhead is a better software to tract your data. You can get it for free on the link below.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2018, 12:25 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Glad the mask is it's working out for you. How are you doing as far as treatment concerning your AHI? By the way Sleepyhead is a better software to tract your data. You can get it for free on the link below.

AHI, using Sleepy Head , last 30 days 1.21, yesterday 0.51.  Thanks for the reply
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats! It took me a long time to find what works for me too: Airfit P10 nasal pillows and Somnifix mouth tape. I couldn't get the FFMs to work for me. I think people who luck out with the proper mask/machine right from the start are in the minority.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an observation...about the mask you have described at the left of your posts.  Your machine is an Elite, but your mask is an 'autoset'??

Thanks for posting about your experience, and mostly about your willingness to keep an open mind and to be determined to help yourself.  It will almost certainly help others who wonder if they'll ever get to enjoy a decent experience with their own therapy and its supporting equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Just an observation...about the mask you have described at the left of your posts.  Your machine is an Elite, but your mask is an 'autoset'??

Thanks for posting about your experience, and mostly about your willingness to keep an open mind and to be determined to help yourself.  It will almost certainly help others who wonder if they'll ever get to enjoy a decent experience with their own therapy and its supporting equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2018, 01:29 PM)mesenteria Wrote: Just an observation...about the mask you have described at the left of your posts.  Your machine is an Elite, but your mask is an 'autoset'??

TKS-Changed on my profile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Follow up after two months cbombzzz 28 940 Yesterday, 07:39 AM
Last Post: cbombzzz
Smile Many months ago I asked her for tips on how I could optimise my CPAP therapy. Determinism 3 199 07-15-2018, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switched from ASV to CPAP, finally getting some sleep. foxfire 28 702 07-12-2018, 08:52 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [CPAP] Guidance required, 10+ months and no progress! antstephenson 25 1,442 06-06-2018, 01:38 PM
  Two months of SleepyHead Data FirstNoele 4 271 05-16-2018, 08:35 PM
  Finally got the ASV machine ! Josephdfco 37 1,679 05-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Josephdfco
  It finally happened Emmet 13 519 03-09-2018, 09:43 AM