Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally got it dialed in! Took 2 months, though.
Finally got it dialed in! Took 2 months, though.
I can understand why the CPAP non-compliance rate is 34%.  (  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4992257/  ).  I started off with Noeco's suggestion:  ResMed AirSence10-Elite, full face Air Fit M20 Large , 78°, 4 Humidity Level, 16 constant pressure.  Was getting fair results but with significant leaks, mostly at the ends of my lips.  Tried 2 different nose masks and couldn't keep them on my head.  Bought a $60 CPAP pillow from Amazon.  Didn't help the nose masks at all.  In fact it made the leaks worse.  Tried a Medium Air Fit F20.  Still leaked.  Also my throat was getting painfully dry.  Even started using TheraBreath Dry Throat Lozenges.  Had my Doctor lower the pressure to 13 thinking the high pressure was blowing the masks off my face.  Back to Norco. 
They suggested an AirTouchhF20 Large.   VIOLA like

Today-2 months into CPAP therapy-I'm a happy camper.  Glad I stuck with it.  Humidity upped to level 7-stopped my dry throat entirely.  No air leaks at all with the AirTouch F20 Large mask.  Pressure still a constant 13.  Getting consistent 100% marks on myAir web app.  I do spray the water tank and mask with Purell disinfect every morning - can't submerge the AirTouch mask.  Clean the tubes every Sunday using Jonhson's Baby Shampoo - no real estate to set up a SoClean machine.  I no longer get a spit up of phlegm at all.  I'm sleeping better than I have in 20 years.  The reason for all this blabber is to maybe convince someone on the edge to keep the faith.  The AirTouch system solved all my problems.  Truthfully I have gotten up at night and forgot I have a CPAP covering my face - I'm now so comfortable with my set-up.  I'm also thankful that Norco gave me samples of many different configuration for trial.  Anxious for my "compliance appointment" in 2 weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally got it dialed in! Took 2 months, though.
Glad the mask is it's working out for you. How are you doing as far as treatment concerning your AHI? By the way Sleepyhead is a better software to tract your data. You can get it for free on the link below.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2018, 12:25 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Glad the mask is it's working out for you. How are you doing as far as treatment concerning your AHI? By the way Sleepyhead is a better software to tract your data. You can get it for free on the link below.

AHI, using Sleepy Head , last 30 days 1.21, yesterday 0.51.  Thanks for the reply
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats! It took me a long time to find what works for me too: Airfit P10 nasal pillows and Somnifix mouth tape. I couldn't get the FFMs to work for me. I think people who luck out with the proper mask/machine right from the start are in the minority.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an observation...about the mask you have described at the left of your posts.  Your machine is an Elite, but your mask is an 'autoset'??

Thanks for posting about your experience, and mostly about your willingness to keep an open mind and to be determined to help yourself.  It will almost certainly help others who wonder if they'll ever get to enjoy a decent experience with their own therapy and its supporting equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an observation...about the mask you have described at the left of your posts.  Your machine is an Elite, but your mask is an 'autoset'??

Thanks for posting about your experience, and mostly about your willingness to keep an open mind and to be determined to help yourself.  It will almost certainly help others who wonder if they'll ever get to enjoy a decent experience with their own therapy and its supporting equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-13-2018, 01:29 PM)mesenteria Wrote: Just an observation...about the mask you have described at the left of your posts.  Your machine is an Elite, but your mask is an 'autoset'??

TKS-Changed on my profile
Post Reply Post Reply
tlippy, how is the Purell disinfectant spray on your AirTouch mask going? Does the mask seem to hold up with the "chemical(s)" in the spray? I also have been using the AirTouch mask for about 3 weeks now. Been using cpap wipes on it, but I'd like to do some extra cleaning, especially since it still seems to be working well ... would be nice to use the mask longer than one month!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-21-2018, 05:37 PM)UncollapseMeThroat Wrote: tlippy, how is the Purell disinfectant spray on your AirTouch mask going?  Does the mask seem to hold up with the "chemical(s)" in the spray?  I also have been using the AirTouch mask for about 3 weeks now.  Been using cpap wipes on it, but I'd like to do some extra cleaning, especially since it still seems to be working well ... would be nice to use the mask longer than one month!

I started off spraying Purell on a gauze pad, then lightly wiping the foam part of the Air touch.  Now I just spray Purell into the water tank and also on the Air Touch and let both items air dry.  Each night before I put on the mask, I spray a mix of vinegar and water on  a gauze pad and wipe my face in the area that the mask contacts.  I have an oily complexion so this helps to keep the mask decent for the month.  Wonderful that Medicare allows a monthly mask replacement.  At the end of 30 days the mask starts to show signs of use.
Post Reply Post Reply
%tlippy, the Purell is a great hand sanitizer, but it is 70% ethyl alcohol which is a bit harsh for the mask parts. I'm sure it is a good disinfectant, but I'd be tempted to look for something a bit easier on the parts and without the other added ingredients that might accumulate in a no-rinse application. CleanSmart looks like a good product that would have no residues or adverse effect on silicone, foam or other parts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,022 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 280 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  4 months in - Do I have to live with aerophagia? RedNailz 18 1,642 03-09-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Going nowhere with ASV after 3 months CaliforniaDreamer 20 482 03-08-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 289 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 13 668 02-18-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.