Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally got my machine / First night on CPAP
Thumbsup 
Finally got my machine / First night on CPAP
So I went in and got my cpap today and I got everything I wanted to get without any issues accept I kinda wanted the Autoset for her but im just happy to have the Autoset! So yes I got the Resmed S9 Autoset with the climateline tubing he actually said climateline slimline ? Not sure what that means I thought there was only one climateline but either way its the climateline tubing and It came with the dishwasher safe water tub (which I wanted) And I THINK I got a hypoallergenic filter I asked him but he didn't know he said he thinks its the hypoallergenic one (hopefully it is I have two birds and two dogs Tongue ) And I set it up so its all ready for tonight ( I cant wait im so tired.....I wanna see how I feel when I get up tomorrow hopefully more rested...)

The only question I have so far is that I asked him to set it for the auto on and off so it starts when I start breathing I have no problem pushing the button its incredibly easy lol however the reason I wanted that was for those times when I wake up in the middle of the night and take my dog out or go to the bathroom and im worried ill put the mask on and not start up the machine lol that totally sounds like something I would do but anyways he said he said it but it isn't doing it (starting after I breathe into it a couple times)

But other than that Everything is good so far I got the swift fx bella loops and they only gave me the xs pillows which fit however I thought it came with the s and m? I don't really care tho cause I don't need them I just thought that was weird

Im a little worried about having leaks with this mask when I turn from side to side im gonna try to tighten the loops a bit and hope it doesn't make my ears hurt at all I guess I can give a real update tomorrow after ive actually slept using the cpap lol

Also I think I found a decent dme so im happy about that, They went over the re ordering side of things and im pretty happy with how often I can order stuff, I will get two filters a month and I cant remember the rest right now but its pretty good also I can change masks in a couple months when I get a replacement mask if I want to which I may do cause than I can switch back and forth if I want and also they have a 30 day return on masks so if the swift doesn't work I will try the wisp I think also my machine is covered for two years if anything happens which is good but im soooooo tired right now I think im going to bed early tonight hopefully I will wake up with that peaceful feeling I had at my second sleep study Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally got my machine!
LolaBelle, well done, you are much more advanced than most of us were at the start. Just one tip, maybe not tonight but I always have the hose coming from above my head, over a bed head if you have one. Now, tonight, just put it on and try to relax, try not to over think things, if it is set up right, it will do evrything for you, and let us know how you go tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2013, 07:08 PM)Tez62 Wrote: LolaBelle, well done, you are much more advanced than most of us were at the start. Just one tip, maybe not tonight but I always have the hose coming from above my head, over a bed head if you have one. Now, tonight, just put it on and try to relax, try not to over think things, if it is set up right, it will do evrything for you, and let us know how you go tomorrow.

Thank you Smile I am going to try to get my stepdad to build me a little shelf just for my cpap that will stand tall at the head of my bed (and away from my dog) and im gonna see if I can have him attach something to it that will allow the hose to hang over my head that's a really good idea I think it will help otherwise I know im gonna end up ripping it off my nose lol I go from side to side all night so I think that will help I will try to relax for tonight and I will check back in tomorrow Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Just if he is making something, it's best to have the machine around head high or a bit lower but off the ground. You don't really want it above head high but then try to loop the hose up and down again. There is a product on the net called a hose lift, if you look it up you will get the idea, but if your step father is handy he can make something for free. I made my own out of a ring and a clip and it works fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2013, 07:22 PM)Tez62 Wrote: Just if he is making something, it's best to have the machine around head high or a bit lower but off the ground. You don't really want it above head high but then try to loop the hose up and down again. There is a product on the net called a hose lift, if you look it up you will get the idea, but if your step father is handy he can make something for free. I made my own out of a ring and a clip and it works fine.

That's good to know I wasn't actually sure where I was supposed to keep the machine (at what height) And I think I saw that product when I was looking stuff up so I will either get that or have him try to make one That's awesome you made your own Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi LolaBelle,
Good job, CONGRATULATIONS on getting the machine you wanted. BTW, the only difference between the s9Autoset and the "for Her" model is the color. The workings of the machines are exactly the same.
It will be good to hear how you do tomorrow and try to relax with the machine and mask tonight.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2013, 08:16 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi LolaBelle,
Good job, CONGRATULATIONS on getting the machine you wanted. BTW, the only difference between the s9Autoset and the "for Her" model is the color. The workings of the machines are exactly the same.
It will be good to hear how you do tomorrow and try to relax with the machine and mask tonight.

Thank you!! Im happy I have it I can finally sleep good Ive been wearing it for a little while trying to get used to it but Im having a little trouble with the humidity I think its too high im gonna fix it I thought 72 was good but I just realized its pretty humid outside right now so I think 72 might be a bit much when its already humid! My lungs feel funny like I need to cough like I have flem but I don't lol I don't know how else to explain it I don't remember feeling that way in the sleep lab and as for the pink color that's ok I found out they make skins for it so im thinking about putting a picture of my puppies on mine Smile or making my own pink background or something its not that big of a deal im gonna go try to get some sleep finally lol more than the 5 hours I got in the sleep lab im hoping to feel somewhat refreshed Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
They hypo filter won't really help you with any allergies or dust or whatever. It is more for folks with extreme allergies or for multiple patients using the same machine. The usual filter that goes in the back will keep most, if not all, the stuff out of your system.

And I echo what the others said. Just use it each night. Maybe sitting up with it during the day just to get used to the sensations.

Yes, the ClimateLine is one hose and the SlimLine is another.

Did you download the clinician manual for it? You can then check to see if the Autostart (I think that's the name) is turned on. Plus it gives you a chance to figure out how to maneuver inside the Sooper Sekrit Sekshun.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2013, 10:17 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: They hypo filter won't really help you with any allergies or dust or whatever. It is more for folks with extreme allergies or for multiple patients using the same machine. The usual filter that goes in the back will keep most, if not all, the stuff out of your system.

And I echo what the others said. Just use it each night. Maybe sitting up with it during the day just to get used to the sensations.

Yes, the ClimateLine is one hose and the SlimLine is another.

Did you download the clinician manual for it? You can then check to see if the Autostart (I think that's the name) is turned on. Plus it gives you a chance to figure out how to maneuver inside the Sooper Sekrit Sekshun.

Thank you! That's good to know about the filters and no I didn't download the manual for it I will do that today I did figure out a couple things from googling stuff lol but I wanna know it all so I will definitely download that today Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
First Night with Cpap & following nights
So my first night with my cpap was interesting lol it wasn't bad but it wasn't really great either however I was so quiet they(my mom and stepdad who im staying with till the end of the week) thought I was dead haha apparently I didn't snore at all and I didn't have shallow breathing and all in all my cpap worked really well accept theres a few things that didn't go great

The swift fx bella loops are nice however they don't stay very well so I ended up using the original headgear for it because that made it stay a lot better but when I woke up this morning my nose was sore, not like with the pilairo in the sleep study but still sore just felt like something was pushing my nose in all night long so not the most comfortable

The other problem im having is I did finally get the humidity and temp adjusted but no matter what I did breathing in through my nose doesn't feel like im getting much air I used the saline spray for my nose a couple times and my nose is as clear as I can get it but I dunno it just feels weird I cant turn my humidity down anymore (2.5) or I get a dry throat but I suppose I could change the heat its at 72degrees but the air just feels thick kinda like when your in a sauna and you know your breathing air but it doesn't feel like your getting enough?

Another thing was the hose that was a pain but im in the process of getting something to fix that so it hangs over my head I tried to tuck the hose up above my head so it would stay better but it just kept moving from side to side that was super annoying

Now today I feel less anxious than I normally do but my brain feels more foggy???? I have no idea why but I just feel like super relaxed and tired and the kind of fog were your brain just doesn't feel like working lol I walk into a room and cant remember why? Ive done that a couple times already today im hoping its just cause my brain is more relaxed and trying to heal from being sleep deprived and that it will go away after a few nights (or weeks) of properly sleeping also I had a lot more dreams and usually I have dreams but I feel very distant from them this time I felt like I was in my dream more and they were longer and there was more detail so I must be getting some rem finally ( I didn't get any in my first sleep study)

My ahi was 4.9 Sad I know that should be better but I figure it was my first night but im really tempted to go back and just tell them I need the wisp because the pillows are annoying me and maybe the seal will be better with the wisp ? I have no idea, my dme has a 30 day policy do they take the old mask back? (what do they do with it?) or do they let me keep it and get a new one (I highly doubt it but it would be nice lol) anyways I guess that's all I have to report for now if anyone has any answers or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated Big Grin Thank you

Oh one last thing I did mess with the settings and I think I found them all, the secret area where you can change everything ( I set my own auto on and I took the epr off just cause I felt like it was giving me less air I didn't like it and I also made it so I could change my humidity and temp separately I set the time and some other things that my sleep therapist didn't do) Im going to download that manual on here in case theres anything I missed

Oh and one more thing! I was kinda dizzy when I got up and have been a little off balance im assuming its cause im getting used to the air?

Sarah <3
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,034 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 309 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 627 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,742 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,138 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.