Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Self-treating Suspected UARS — Any Advice on Equipment?
RE: Self-treating Suspected UARS — Any Advice on Equipment?
(06-07-2018, 08:18 AM)FoggedOut Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 10:20 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Supplier #2 does request prescriptions. They are not strict about where it comes from, so you could actually use you primary doctor to provide eveything you need. Apnea Board has a Sample Prescription Form to help with your request:

There is no problem with the gently used machine. They provide a warranty and only accept machines with low-hours and from smoke-free homes.  For a new machine, without prescription, I notice there is a Vauto from Medguru LLC on Amazon for $1299.00.  There sre some distributors selling on Craigslist. They typically advertise a new Autoset or Dreamstation Auto for $495 and provide a phone number for contact like 888-965-7655 and require PayPal for orders.  They can be called, and will quote a Vauto. These tend to be pretty competitively prices and it's not a scam.

Okay, thanks for the information, Sleeprider!

(06-06-2018, 11:17 AM)JesseLee Wrote: I would like to add that if all the features aren't necessary that the Vauto offers, it can be configured to perform like any Resmed auto Cpap, but an autoset can not perform like a Vauto.

Thanks, JesseLee, that’s good to note. Based on that, and all of the above, it sounds like I will definitely be getting the AirCurve 10 VAUTO.

I would be clear with whoever you choose to write your prescription that they include "Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto, do not substitute" on the prescription. It will not matter with Supplier #2 because you are able to select the machine you prefer. Supplier #2 lists the Vauto as "Auto Vpap" on their website and is in fact a VAuto. The machine specification will matter on the prescription at some DMEs because they have the ability to substitute for an equivalent machine and it can be an obstacle to deal with those folks when machine preference is not what they have on hand.
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again for all of the advice, everyone. I ended up ordering a new AirCurve 10 VAUTO on Amazon.

Now onto mask types and fit…are there any pointers anyone can give or things I should try while attempting to find a good mask? As I have no prescription or insurance coverage, am I stuck with just ordering a bunch of different masks in different sizes to see what works best?

I think I’d like to start by trying a nasal pillow type first. It seems like the AirFit P10 is a commonly recommended place to start. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!
Post Reply Post Reply
what was the result of this, did you get a VAUTO? How do you feel?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 49 2,029 35 minutes ago
Last Post: Macka
  Treating low grade CA with ASV tossinandturnin 17 418 04-13-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 169 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Cannabis treating central apneas? ashwa 17 2,549 04-12-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 224 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,445 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 5 335 04-04-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Humancyclone7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.