Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally got the ASV machine !
RE: Finally got the ASV machine !
Congratulations on getting the ASV treatment, the results look good.  I noticed that I would wake up sometimes wanting to breath more and it felt like I was pulling to hard, I bumped up my pressure support from 3 to 3.5 then to 3.8, and I don't have near the problems with HA.  You may want to continue on for a few more nights and then give it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-22-2018, 05:11 PM)Hojo Wrote: Congratulations on getting the ASV treatment, the results look good.  I noticed that I would wake up sometimes wanting to breath more and it felt like I was pulling to hard, I bumped up my pressure support from 3 to 3.5 then to 3.8, and I don't have near the problems with HA.  You may want to continue on for a few more nights and then give it a try.

What is the name of that setting, so I can find it in my settings menu?
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's last night's data.  What do you think could be done to lower that 20 peak AHI, if anything?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your peak AHI was obstructive, and it looks positional. I think you're doing great, but if clusters like this continue to show up then the best fix is to keep your head and neck in alignment Rather than using more pressure, like many on this forum, you may benefit from a minimal, comfortable soft cervical collar. This is only a brief period that resulted in a lot of apnea, and an ergonomic pillow or other device may work to keep your head and neck aligned, but the soft C-collar has consistently proven effective. If you go that route, get one with enough circumference to fit comfortably around your neck and 2-1/2 to 3-1/3 inches tall. Don't get something too tall that you can't sleep with.

Why all the breaks in therapy? Are you taking naps before going to sleep?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2018, 01:47 PM)Josephdfco Wrote:
(04-22-2018, 05:11 PM)Hojo Wrote: Congratulations on getting the ASV treatment, the results look good.  I noticed that I would wake up sometimes wanting to breath more and it felt like I was pulling to hard, I bumped up my pressure support from 3 to 3.5 then to 3.8, and I don't have near the problems with HA.  You may want to continue on for a few more nights and then give it a try.

What is the name of that setting, so I can find it in my settings menu?

Under settings it would be PS for Pressure Support, I started at 3 like you did, then went to 3.8 and last night I bumped it up to 4.2.  Pressure Support helps with HA events and I have so minimal problems with them, but there are times I wake up trying to take a deep breath and I feel as though the machine just isn't pushing the air in enough, or fast enough (it's a gradual breath, not a quick push of air).
Post Reply Post Reply
It's the PS min setting, and a higher minimum pressure support has different affects on different people, but it's worth a try or reducing hypopnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's last night's results. I did try moving that setting to 4, and it lowered the AHI number. Yes, I've been wanting to sleep quite a bit since getting this machine, so I've been sleeping whenever I can with a house full of kids who have nightmares, and an insomniac wife. Once I catch up, I plan on using some sleep hygiene, including no naps during the day, and consistent times going to bed and getting up.
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks great. Now it's time to let your wife know what a life changing thing the right therapy can be.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Good results there, hope it continues.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's last night's.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,032 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,155 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 458 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,371 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  Finally a decent nights rest but swallowing air sfgiants123 2 527 05-13-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: sfgiants123
  QAL finally got an AirSense 10, completely new but smells like bubblegum. quiescence at last 0 440 04-23-2023, 06:42 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Finally getting used to CPAP but still waking up alot Tcp84 3 667 03-17-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.