Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally on ASV (Central Apnea) after 5th sleep study.
RE: Finally on ASV (Central Apnea) after 5th sleep study.
Hi Rich. Congratulations on the new machine, and also for your persistence in following through against the odds.

Your chart looks pretty much like mine. The spikes indicate that pressure support has been cranked up to compensate for a reduction in your own breathing effort. If you zoom in, you'll probably see that if the flow rate reduces even slightly the machine will increase pressure support to try and maintain a fairly constant rate of ventilation. It responds very quickly - it really is a "breath by breath" response.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2016, 11:55 PM)DariaVader Wrote: I am so glad you finally have it, and sorry it took so long!

Thank you.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2016, 12:04 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Hi Rich. Congratulations on the new machine, and also for your persistence in following through against the odds.

Your chart looks pretty much like mine. The spikes indicate that pressure support has been cranked up to compensate for a reduction in your own breathing effort. If you zoom in, you'll probably see that the if flow rate reduces even slightly the machine will increase pressure support to try and maintain a fairly constant rate of ventilation. It responds very quickly - it really is a "breath by breath" response.

Thanks for looking at my SH data. The machine is indeed doing a lot of work, but I feel quite a bit better as a result.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Rich, what settings are you using, and were the settings titrated by the sleep study? It looks like your EPAP settles in around 11 and IPAP near 15, I was just wondering what you start from. I assume the BPM is set at auto?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2016, 12:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Rich, what settings are you using, and were the settings titrated by the sleep study? It looks like your EPAP settles in around 11 and IPAP near 15, I was just wondering what you start from. I assume the BPM is set at auto?

My starting numbers are EPAP 6 IPAP 8. The idea is that those numbers are low enough that they don't trigger Centrals. Therefore the machine is treating periodic breathing hypopneas. BPM is set by an algorithm that measures previous BPM. I was titrated on an ASV machine.

Rich

Download Sleepyhead
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2016, 12:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Rich, what settings are you using, and were the settings titrated by the sleep study? It looks like your EPAP settles in around 11 and IPAP near 15, I was just wondering what you start from. I assume the BPM is set at auto?

I have more information on my settings. Mode ASV Auto, Min EPAP 6 Max EPAP 12 Min PS 2 Max PS 8 The machine starts out at EPAP 6 with PS of 2 giving an IPAP of 8. As you can see, if the IPAP goes to max and PS goes to max I can get an IPAP pressure of a max of 20.

Rich

Download Sleepyhead
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
Makes sense Rich. The chart you posted included the mask pressure graph, but did not show the pressure from the machine, so there was no way to tell. Sleepyhead still does not properly report the settings on the Aircurve machines. Clearly it is working great and there is nothing to change. Lots of machine triggered breaths, so you really needed this.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2016, 04:38 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Makes sense Rich. The chart you posted included the mask pressure graph, but did not show the pressure from the machine, so there was no way to tell. Sleepyhead still does not properly report the settings on the Aircurve machines. Clearly it is working great and there is nothing to change. Lots of machine triggered breaths, so you really needed this.

Thanks.
Rich

Download Sleepyhead
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
great outcome!

(I'm going through a similar situation so it was good to read this)
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on the perseverance and payoff!

Sometimes backup machines are good to have, too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 26 559 1 hour ago
Last Post: p4ncaketim
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Central while on ASV Boodmaster 11 2,517 03-26-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,398 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.