Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally received SD card from Apria, inserted it, now can't find info.
Finally received SD card from Apria, inserted it, now can't find info.
Hello everyone.  Thank you for the encouragement!

I did as the forum suggested and picked up a ResMed SD card.  I placed it into the cpap this morning.  Received message that card underwent formatting.  I was unable to determine if the data in the machine went onto the SD card.  I called Apria and they said it should have.

I have now tried to insert the SD card into my computer.  Turns out my new MacBook pro has no slots for SD cards.  I have some sort of attachment that a couple of other accessories plug into and there are a couple of slots on that but the SD card doers not fit into the holes.

Now, my printer does have a slot that says is ok for an SD card.  I put the card in the slot and the printer does recognize that I have inserted a memory device.  However, I get a message that there is no data on the card.

What have I done wrong?  What do I need to do?

Thank You!!
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally received SD card from Apria, inserted it, now can't find info.
Well, I just got the links sent to me.  Apparently I will not be able to use OSCAR.  The information I was sent says the programs are only for PC and not mac.

So I guess I will have to continue to use MyAir for my data.

Thank you anyway.
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR works on Mac, Windows and Linux. The link to download OSCAR is at the top of this page, or click the word OSCAR in my reply.

Most newer Mac's no longer have the SD card reader built in so you will need to get an external SD card reader. Just make sure it is the proper USB type for your computer. I believe it's USB-C for the newer models. Just search your favorite shopping site with "external SD card reader" and you should come up with plenty of options.

I use a MacBook Air with an external reader and it all works flawlessly! Just remember to write protect the SD card (the little slide switch on the side of the SD card) before inserting it into the reader. After your done, unlock the card slide the switch back to write and insert back into your xPAP machine.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can always download the OS-X version.  OSCAR is available for Windows, OS-X, and Linux. The name is the download link.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR will run on Windows, Macs and Linux. The link at the top of the page is to a page which has all three versions, and a link to an Installation guide. I think the Mac version is particularly easy to install (except for Apple telling you they don't trust it), although I no longer have a Mac to try it on.

Clearly, I am the slowest typist in the forum.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
You need the SD card reader dongle for your MacBook then you’ll be all set
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
Did I misunderstand the info I was sent in the email for the software program needed for reading the data on the SD card?  It says the ResMed software program for reading the data on the SD card is not Mac compatible.  I did successfully download the Mac OS OSCAR program though.

I also am confused about the SD card itself.  Isn’t the ResMed SD card ok to use or do I need a generic (?) SD card?

Sorry for my ignorance.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2019, 11:50 AM)Plmnb Wrote: Did I misunderstand the info I was sent in the email for the software program needed for reading the data on the SD card?  It says the ResMed software program for reading the data on the SD card is not Mac compatible.  I did successfully download the Mac OS OSCAR program though.

I also am confused about the SD card itself.  Isn’t the ResMed SD card ok to use or do I need a generic (?) SD card?

Sorry for my ignorance.
That resmed SD card will work fine. It works in my Mac just fine. If you have Oscar downloaded and installed lock your SD card with at little slider on the upper left side and insert it into the SD dongle. It will show on your desktop when it sees it. Then open Oscar. Let it load then make your profile. Just use your first name for privacy reasons when you take screenshots. Then go back to the welcome tab and click the import button. Hit yes and all your info should be on screen. If not click the daily button or tab
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
This is encouraging, thank you.

A couple of things to clarify.  My 2018 MacBook Pro does NOT have SD card slot.

I could pick up something at Office Depot I suppose to be able to use the card w/my MacBook directly.  However, my printer, has a SD slot.  I should be able to transfer the data via the printer’s SD reading slot to my computer.  I did put the card in there, but it seems there is no data on it to transfer.  As I previously posted, I placed the SD card in my CPAP and the card supposedly underwent formatting procedure.  But I could not tell if any of the sleep data went on the card.  I called Apria and they told me the data should have gotten written to the card.

Not sure what to do at this point.
Post Reply Post Reply
SD card must be in the CPAP before the sleep session or you won't have it for OSCAR as I recall. It might show summary data but not detailed if SD inserted after session. Make sure SD unlocked for CPAP to access.

For OSCAR data purposes, printer SD slot wouldn't help. You need an SD card reader for USB to connect to the Mac, probably around $10 doesn't need to be fancy, as long as it accepts standard SD cards.

Image of mine just as an example

[attachment=17882]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 241 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Cant Find Old Oscar Data Julia63 1 544 10-05-2023, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Julia63
Thumbsdown DreamStation 2 Session Info - Phantom Disconnects Wizard99 24 2,646 10-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 680 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 597 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad please help me to find software for respicare 25 bpap machine thank you sangamesh 0 587 06-19-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: sangamesh
  Missing Datalog info - bad SD card or something else? q49q49 4 829 06-01-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.