Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally the TRUTH from my doctor
RE: Finally the TRUTH from my doctor
You mention a diagnosis of Hashimoto's in 2010, but you don't mention whether you're receiving treatment for it. If you're not, it'd probably be a good idea to follow up to see whether treatment is warranted. Do you have a rheumatologist? I ask because I had a different form of connective tissue disease, and my primary care doctor was not much help. When I eventually saw a rheumatologist, I got a good diagnosis and treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2019, 11:30 AM)srlevine1 Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. How about posting some OSCAR charts and maybe someone will see something that can be changed for improvement. The footer of Sleeprider' post contains links to help you organize and upload Oscar data.

Just a thought -- have you been tested for heavy metals as part of a complete blood workup?
I have already posted a bunch a few weeks back. Everything is under control except my centrals. If I go back to epr off I still get real centrals not treatment induced and my FL’s are high and it’s hard for me to exhale. When I first went to epr 3 I had a lot of treatment emergent so I backed of to epr 1 and slowly made it back to epr 3 and thought I was good to go...I felt great and now they are back and now I’m back to feeling like hell. Who know maybe she ends up being right and they go away in 6 months. 

And yes I have to rule out heavy metals...hashimotos and sleep apnea are my only medical issues. Anyway it’s the weekend so hopefully I can get a long sleep in or two and see how that goes. At this rate my AHI is slowly rising so who knows maybe they will just keep getting worse and I won’t have to keep pushing anymore. As of now I’ve come to terms with it. Whatever happens happens and I’m gonna go for the ride and push when it seems necessary
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2019, 11:49 AM)Dormeo Wrote: You mention a diagnosis of Hashimoto's in 2010, but you don't mention whether you're receiving treatment for it.  If you're not, it'd probably be a good idea to follow up to see whether treatment is warranted.  Do you have a rheumatologist?  I ask because I had a different form of connective tissue disease, and my primary care doctor was not much help.  When I eventually saw a rheumatologist, I got a good diagnosis and treatment.

Yes Dormeo I am being treated for it, that’s why it’s ruled out. Had my levels checked and that good to go. The anxiety associated with that feels different not so intense and shorter duration. With hashimotos with me at least it’s more of a downer with zero energy and weight gain. Since being on cpap my metabolism has improved even further and lost about 10 lbs so far. So I definitely am seeing benefits from cpap with a few things which is a huge motivator to put the mask on every night and for naps. I am just thoroughly convinced  that it’s central apnea making me like this. It’s the only thing that matches up. Zero anxiety awake and alert = no centrals, anxiety and just wanna do absolutely nothing but try to stop feeling like I’m gonna jump out of my skin. 

This just came to mind. What if some or a lot of those centrals are actually mixed apnea? I’ve seen many that are marked central but have efforts to inhale on the flow rate waveform towards the end of the event. I’m not home and won’t be for hours but I’ll post a few zoomed in shots of what I’m talking about later
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m not gonna stress about it. I’m just gonna ride out the rest of the year then start talking to other sleep docs in the area to see if I can get them to understand and explore this with me. I should start now to get a head start 

On a side note I don’t want to be on a machine as complicated as ASV I just want to get rid of these centrals. If I have to be then so be it but I need a doc to work with me in order to come to that conclusion. If I’m more like my fathers side I’m dead from heart issues in 20 years tops, especially if I can’t stop my heart and whole body from being stressed from all this then it’s definitely gonna come to that. So they can take that number 5 and stick it somewhere
Post Reply Post Reply
Another option is EERS which conserves some of the exhaled carbon dioxide in a short tube. There are currently threads by several other users trying EERS and a wiki. Typical experience is a reduction of central apnea and improved tidal volume and minute vent. If that sounds like something of interest I can point you the right direction.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All the sleep doctors here in Austin Texas area only go by the overall AHI numbers too. It was a pain for me to finally get a Aircurve vauto. Still I have nights where I quit breathing, wake up sh**ty, and doc can't do anything because not enough events.

USA insurance sucks.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yup. Last night I took my mask off 2 hours early for the second night in a row from flow Limitations that don’t trigger an event. So I ended up with an AHI of 1.5. This is going to be an interesting appointment come January cause I either want her to sign off on and AirCurve being medically necessary or the very least writing me a script so I can buy it myself. If not I’m just going to find a used one online. I’m in the process of getting funds together just in case she refuses to sign off on medical necessity or refuses to write a script. It’s happening either way cause I’m tired of this happening, I got the centrals licked and I thought I had flow Limitations also but here they are again. I’d rather take the zero out of pocket on my part but I’m prepared for anything. It’s all numbers to these doctors and insurance companies. They can’t quantify flow limitations so they aren’t there. Mine were “fine” back when they were worse than they are now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got back from my appointment with the doc. As soon as she realized I knew what i was talking about, the conversation went as smooth as butter.  In the end she will gladly write me a script for a Vauto when I have the cash because the “AutoSet should go up to EPR 5 to handle flow limitations more effectively if needed without having to spend almost $1000 to get more pressure support”. She agreed that since my body adjusted quickly to the ventilation that was causing co2 based centrals  and the remaining centrals are post arousal I shouldn’t have any major issues with centrals while gradually increasing PS. 

It’s going to be awhile before I’m able to get the Vauto but at least I know I’m not going to have a hard time getting the script.

Some may be asking why do I want a Vauto if the AutoSet works good enough. The answer is “Good enough” isn’t acceptable to me when it comes to my heart health. The way I see it is if it wasn’t for insurance requiring at least an AHI of 5 to even considering paying for a more capable machine, I would already have it. The doctor who originally prescribed the AutoSet reminded me of what he said when I went in for my sleep study review. He said “you’re probably going to need a more capable machine but we have to wait and see”. In other words as a lot of us know you have to fail at CPAP for insurance to pay for BiLevel. 

So I guess I’m all buckled in for this ride finally.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like a bit of progress. Hope the VAuto helps when you get it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dave. There should be a like button or reaction buttons. That would also reduce the amount of posts in threads IMO
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 48 3,377 04-19-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 257 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Cool [Pressure] Finally a Resmed user!!! Need Help!!! :) mrsleepyhead2001 2 186 04-01-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,913 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 335 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 592 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 998 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.