Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finding AHI at home
RE: Finding AHI at home
Wow... This was enlighting! But first, I'm gonna let the pictures talk.

[Image: pab3.jpg]
[Image: poki.jpg] [Image: iwn0.jpg]
[Image: 0msz.jpg] [Image: urwq.jpg]
[Image: 9tbw.png]
[Image: 73bb.png]
[Image: m46l.png]

At first, I was sleeping in supine position. Then I turned to the side and on my stomach. Finally, I returned to supine position. I think it looks serious enough to get a machine.

PS: Strangely I got no Snore data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I meant enlightening. Can't edit anymore...
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2013, 04:38 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: I meant enlightening. Can't edit anymore...

In the picture you posted, it shows your pressure as 4 so maybe your pressure is set way to low.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2013, 05:53 AM)me50 Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 04:38 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: I meant enlightening. Can't edit anymore...

In the picture you posted, it shows your pressure as 4 so maybe your pressure is set way to low.

Well, yes. I set it at 4 cmH2O on purpose, because I wasn't sure about my AHI. Now I know it's rather high.

The technician called me about an hour ago. We scheduled an appointment for the next phase (titration). So I'm getting another sleep study wearing a mask on Monday.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2013, 06:11 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 05:53 AM)me50 Wrote:

Well, yes. I set it at 4 cmH2O on purpose, because I wasn't sure about my AHI. Now I know it's rather high.

The technician called me about an hour ago. We scheduled an appointment for the next phase (titration). So I'm getting another sleep study wearing a mask on Monday.

Good that you have an appointment scheduled. Maybe in the meantime, you can put your pressure settings back to 6-18 and see if your AHI's go down. Hope you find your answers soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
These settings are for my mother. I borrowed the machine for a night. Maybe I will try setting it to 4-20 and see what happens. Then I'm gonna return it and wait for mine.
Post Reply Post Reply
It might be useful to use the machine, using the Auto settings 4-20, for a few days before your sleep test. It might get you used to sleeping with the mask and APAP and increase the likelihood that you will sleep for the test.

Also, in your test results, I saw no mention of % of night SaO2 <= 90% and no mention of periodic limb movements or arousals per hour. Was your sleep test a full level-1 polysomnography (monitoring of the patient’s airflow through the nose and mouth, electrocardiographic activity, blood oxygen level, brain wave pattern (electroencephalogram), eye movement, and the movement of respiratory muscles and limbs) or the more limited level-3 polysomnography (essentially an APAP and maybe an oximeter). If you are always tired there may be more going on than just sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply, Kritiker.

I would use the machine every day, but I don't want to do so in expense of my mother's sleep.

Regarding my sleep study, there were so many electrodes and sensors that I doubt it was a level 3 PSG. However, they didn't monitor my limb movements, unless they got the data from the video recorder.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did they recommend another sleep study where they will titrate you (determine the correct CPAP pressure)?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2013, 07:17 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Did they recommend another sleep study where they will titrate you (determine the correct CPAP pressure)?

Yes, in fact, they did. We scheduled it for this Monday.

I would like to show you my results of last night's sleep. I followed your advice and left the pressure range wide open.

[Image: ofq9.png]
[Image: nwhp.png]
[Image: 06hz.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 78 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,908 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 222 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,323 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 861 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton
  I cannot fall asleep with my bipap/home ventilator. Hypoglossal nerve stimulator? Jay51 220 14,579 01-17-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.