Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finding AHI at home
RE: Finding AHI at home
(10-08-2013, 06:11 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 05:53 AM)me50 Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 04:38 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: I meant enlightening. Can't edit anymore...

In the picture you posted, it shows your pressure as 4 so maybe your pressure is set way to low.

Well, yes. I set it at 4 cmH2O on purpose, because I wasn't sure about my AHI. Now I know it's rather high.

The technician called me about an hour ago. We scheduled an appointment for the next phase (titration). So I'm getting another sleep study wearing a mask on Monday.

ask for your sleep study report. It will tell you what your AHI was during the initial sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done Doom_NX. I like your crude/cost effective approach to determine your typical AHI (47). It worked well and your second experiment confirmed that CPAP at relatively low pressure can reduce it to 5.2 or less. You can look forward to a productive titration test and improved health.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2013, 09:49 AM)me50 Wrote: ask for your sleep study report. It will tell you what your AHI was during the initial sleep study.
IIRC, the doctor will give me my sleep study results together with the prescription of the machine. Nothing too analytical though, just the numbers I quoted in a previous post.

(10-09-2013, 09:51 AM)Laevelder Wrote: Well done Doom_NX. I like your crude/cost effective approach to determine your typical AHI (47). It worked well and your second experiment confirmed that CPAP at relatively low pressure can reduce it to 5.2 or less. You can look forward to a productive titration test and improved health.
Sleep-well

Thank you! You are so kind Smile

Maybe my AHI without those 4 cmH2O of pressure is even higher! In any case, it's way over 30 episodes per hour, so it's a severe sleep apnea syndrome...
Post Reply Post Reply
Your data does bear this out. However, please be aware that there are many (possible) issues at play here that you are not recording any data for?

For instance, I learned that I am a secret smurf - my blood O2 dropped to a low of 67 during my first two studies, and according to all the wires, I never, ever went into REM sleep at all (due to almost waking constantly) - so for me it was total night and day with the machine - yes, I had growing pains, but mine were plain and easy to figure out (if not painless to fix).

All I want to say is that perhaps you are not yet seeing the complete picture yet? Does that make sense? I do know you have a study upcoming, and by using your Mom's machine, you are ahead of the curve for getting used to the whole idea - good for you!
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I see what you mean.

Well, let's hope everything they find is treatable... I really feel that the treatment with the CPAP machine is gonna give me my energy back to put my life back in order. I'm so excited!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done and keep up the positive attitude, DOOM_NX
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2013, 05:29 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote:
(10-08-2013, 07:17 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Did they recommend another sleep study where they will titrate you (determine the correct CPAP pressure)?

Yes, in fact, they did. We scheduled it for this Monday.

I would like to show you my results of last night's sleep. I followed your advice and left the pressure range wide open.

[Image: ofq9.png]
[Image: nwhp.png]
[Image: 06hz.png]

the date on your data says August 10. Did you get data from October 8?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a region thing. In Greece 8/10/2013 means October 8th 2013.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2013, 05:29 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: I would like to show you my results of last night's sleep. I followed your advice and left the pressure range wide open.

Leaks look good, AHI is under 5 so that's good. Note that your AHI is dominated by your CA index, and you had some CA's in your sleep study, too. Probably nothing to worry about. We should see that CA index go down as you adapt to the therapy.

You might try a pressure range of something like 6-11 now and see what happens.

So far things are looking awesome. It'll be interesting to see the results of your next sleep study.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-09-2013, 08:03 PM)DOOM_NX Wrote: It's a region thing. In Greece 8/10/2013 means October 8th 2013.

well, my bad. teach me to look where you live first huh? lol
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 78 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,908 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 222 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  REM and Sleep Stage Tracking at Home rwelliot 15 5,323 02-26-2024, 03:49 AM
Last Post: DebJ
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 861 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton
  I cannot fall asleep with my bipap/home ventilator. Hypoglossal nerve stimulator? Jay51 220 14,579 01-17-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.