Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finding the right mask
RE: Finding the right mask
LOL! I like your spunkiness, retired_guy!

(06-01-2015, 07:56 PM)retired_guy Wrote: There is only one mask. The P10. All other masks are simply an exercise in putting off the inevitable. Sooner or later everyone will use the P10. Resistance is futile.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2015, 07:56 PM)retired_guy Wrote: There is only one mask. The P10. All other masks are simply an exercise in putting off the inevitable. Sooner or later everyone will use the P10. Resistance is futile.

Hey retired_guy, I think it was you (or one of your comments a long time ago) that got me to get into a P10. Yep, you're right. Everyone should probably start with a P10 first. I went back to a full-face last night because of a plugged nose. It was awful. Now, I think I'll put my P10 on early to avoid nose congestion coming right at sleepy time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found that no amount of plugged nose will keep my trusty little P10 from being able to deliver nice, refreshing air all night long. The plus is that when you have those really crummy sinus times? Where you think you could probably water your tomatoes just by standing around in the veggie garden? The P10 (or any pillow mask for that matter) will keep the sinuses open all night, and by morning you will find the runny nose problem is just a bad memory.
Post Reply Post Reply
The One Mask is the Ultra Mirage ... lol.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2015, 06:42 PM)parkerdt Wrote: I am about 12 nights into my CPAP journey, and getting used to sleeping with the hose, and something on my face. In many ways, it has been easier than I feared, and while not yet zero, my AHIs have been under 2 for several nights.

I also have a Respironics WISP I

How did everyone else find their perfect mask?

thanks,
Dave

I started with the Wisp and find it comfortable but sometimes I get air bypass so trying different FFMs. First for me was awful but it did have a return period. I tried a chinstrap but it caused my TMJ probs to return. So tonight I am trying a DeVilbiss 6860 FFM as it has a chin support built in.
Yes it's a PITA and the mask makers really have no incentive to develop a better process. I imagine there is at least a half a zillion unused masks lying around. Good luck in your quest!
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2015, 02:13 PM)GWild Wrote: The One Mask is the Ultra Mirage ... lol.

I won't be getting a P10 just because R_G says I must Dielaughing
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

well, yes you are of course correct RG, as long as one can modify the straps with a little velcro, as I have done and apply a little lanolin to the nostrils, then indeed it is a mask for the people...

Sleep-wellSleep-well Smile

Storywizard

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been given the F&P Epson to try... posted graphs in another thread, but just wondering if that is anyway a reasonable mask - or more entry level etc.
At the end of the day I dont really like the "bar" up over my nose and top-head strap - even if its cheap\basic -but if its working .. why change I guess..

Link to my Graph thread - http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-a-newbie
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2015, 08:41 AM)DruiD Wrote: I have been given the F&P Epson to try... posted graphs in another thread, but just wondering if that is anyway a reasonable mask - or more entry level etc.
At the end of the day I dont really like the "bar" up over my nose and top-head strap - even if its cheap\basic -but if its working .. why change I guess..

Link to my Graph thread - http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-a-newbie

The Eson works wonderfully as long as you do not need to put on glasses to read. Then the Respironics Wisp.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm beginning to think nasal pillows will work best for me, but that the P10 sizes are just not optimal for my nose. I am thinking of trying the F&P Pilairo Q next and then the Respironics Nuance Pro Gel if necessary. I have some lanolin cream now, and some of the Aloe/Emu CPAP cream; just hoping to find ONE mask I can stay with all night. This is getting expensive - but it's important to me to be able to tolerate the therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 218 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  If you're finding your CPAP uncomfortable ... Dr.Bob 4 590 11-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Unique finding? Looking for recommendations and any expertise. gold3n 5 660 11-04-2023, 01:47 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  [Pressure] Need help finding the right pressure. kidchameleon 57 4,967 07-28-2023, 08:16 PM
Last Post: kidchameleon
  Help finding my Bipap machine taken by mistake on airline orthoal 6 603 06-16-2023, 03:55 PM
Last Post: orthoal
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,523 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Struggling finding the right settings for flow limitations snakewrestler 20 1,940 01-25-2023, 09:47 AM
Last Post: snakewrestler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.