Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finding total use hours
Finding total use hours
i'm looking to buy a used machine for camping and home back up to run off 12v. I've talked to several suppliers listed here and it seems the respironics M series or system one series 50 units will fit my needs best. One piece of advice is to look for a low hours machine.

What would you experienced folk consider low hours?
and
How does one access that information on Respironics units?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finding total use hours
Hours are relative. On my M-series Auto, I had nearly 20,000 hours when I retired it this past December. It still works. For the M-Series, you need to enter the clinician menu by flipping up the door on top of the screen exposing the control buttons. Hold down the outward pointing arrows as you plug in the machine power and it will beep twice. Just cycle through the menu to find total fan hours (not therapy hours).

I don't suppose I can interest you in a lightly used 19000 hour M series Auto? Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, might as well cover the 50/60 series units too. Turn the control knob to setup, hold down the control knob and ramp button and wait for 2 beeps. Turn back to Setup and you are in clinician mode. Same thing, look for the total blower hours.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
6 months or less. So Half a year is 182ish days. At average of 8 hrs a night, that's 1456 hours. If I were in the market for a used machine, I'd not look at anything with more than 1500-1600 hrs on it. Any more than that, and I'd wonder where it has been, how it was used, etc. But that's just me.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Why not simply buy a ResMed 12v to 24v DC-DC converter? Run through the supplier list here and do an internet search to find the best price. That will be your cheapest option. You have a brand new machine with a 2 year warranty so a spare isn't urgent. You can then troll CraigsList for a spare at your leisure to find somebody who bombed out of CPAP treatment and is dumping one with only a few hours on it. I'd expect to be seeing AirSense 10's popping up later this year.

Edited:
With a quick Google search, I found a 12v DC converter for $84.00 with free shipping at Supplier #18. Spend your money on the battery and charging system.
Post Reply Post Reply
Because the Respironics runs off batteries much easier than the Resmed which requires the inverter. PR machines just require a new 12v cord. If I were more into camping or more 12v travel, I'd switch to PR for that.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2015, 02:14 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Because the Respironics runs off batteries much easier than the Resmed which requires the inverter. PR machines just require a new 12v cord. If I were more into camping or more 12v travel, I'd switch to PR for that.

Paula that is exactly what several suppliers told me. Direct 12v without going through a inverter, (12->110->24) or converter, (12-> 24) is more power efficient. I've got time to look, it is -18 this morning.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 285 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 251 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 222 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 471 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 277 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 492 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Consistently Waking Up After ~3 Hours on CPAP sammyg7241 2 439 01-20-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.