Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fine tuning my new(-ish) machine
Fine tuning my new(-ish) machine
I've been on this machine (Resmed Airsense 10 autos) about 4 weeks now. After some twiddling (and help from this forum!), I've got myself hovering near an AHI of 1. In fact last night, I only had CA events, but those put me over 1 on the AHI. But my OAs and HAs seem well under control at the settings I have (see screenshot below).  I'm aiming to get under 1 on average, but also looks like I could get a 0 possibly sometimes (!).

1. For the screenshot shown, I got up once briefly and then again for a longer time.  I talked to my wife some with my mask on, I think around the 3:00 a.m. mark. (I also talk in my sleep fairly regularly).  I'm not certain but I imagine those times I talk triggered some of those CA events (not all). Any comments on that?

2. I also included my time-at-pressure graph, since maybe my max pressure could be reduced more. Looks like I could try to reduce that to 14. But what do you gurus think?.

3. Should I keep the autoset on? or try turning it off and run in CPAP mode only? I'm not sure how that would effect things, so I figured to ask before going to experiment with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fine tuning my new(-ish) machine
Congratulations.  If you feel well, don't obsess with getting under 1.  You are doing well.  Enjoy life.  I have seen some people make Apnea a hobby or even an addiction.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fine tuning my new(-ish) machine
I would leave well alone anything under 2 is considered by us here as a good score don't obbsesse of getting lower numbers and nothing to worry about with the CA's hold you breath whilst you roll over you have just gained a CA nothing to worry about
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 180 9 hours ago
Last Post: timthebaker
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 576 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 234 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 260 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 422 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  [Pressure] A few weeks in, how can I fine tune my settings? Keicereal 5 371 12-18-2023, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Keicereal
  BoxcarPete: An Adventure in Fine-Tuning BoxcarPete 32 1,552 12-06-2023, 12:15 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.