Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed Aircurve 10
Resmed Aircurve 10
Hi everyone, new diagnosis and first post here.

I had 9 AHI with a home study after years of headaches in the morning and fatigue all day. Very excited to possibly have an end to this saga.

Amazingly, my insurance denied the doctor's request for a CPAP. I did some research and decided maybe this was for the best anyway, this way I get more flexibility with what I get.

Had a quick question regarding products. It seems like some do fine on an APAP, while others need more advanced equipment like a BiPAP or ASV. My question is, can a BiPAP essentially replicate what an APAP does? Similarly, does an ASV (the most expensive kind) have the ability to replicate what the other two do?

Reason I ask is that because I want to have the best sleep possible and I'm willing to pay for it. Unfortunately, I only have the 9 AHI for info, and will get OSCAR as soon as I have a machine. 

I am looking at the Resmed Aircurve 10 as a good starting off point. Does this forum agree with that I've read that it is a great model?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Aircurve 10
Hi new user, I am also new to all of this. I have a ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiPAP machine and I can set it to auto, S or APAP only so yes would be the answer to your question. Of course a BiPAP will not do what a ASV does. HTH
Post Reply Post Reply
No finer machine exists for obstructive sleep apnea and upper airway resistance, so you're on the right track. The Airsense 10 Autoset is less money, but if you're out of pocket and want the best, you found it. The Vauto has a very similar auto-pressure algorithm to the Autoset, and the main difference is unlimited access to pressure support. Believe it or not, the Autoset's EPR (exhale pressure relief) is identical to pressure support in the Vauto, but limited to 3-cm of pressure difference between inhale and exhale. The pressure delivery using Easybreathe™ is identical in every way. Both the Vauto and Autoset produce high fidelity data at 15 Hz for respiratory flow rate and mask pressure in OSCAR. Comparing those graphs side by side, you can't tell them apart. Where the Vauto stands apart are the fine-tuning settings for trigger and cycle sensitivity and minimum and maximum time of inspiration (IPAP), which can address issues the Autoset can't.

So sure, we can help you to setup and optimize a Vauto or Autoset. You picked the best in class.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider! I just received the machine. My doctor had recommended 5-14 APAP, I'm going to set to 6-14 with EPR at 3 tonight. Have the SD card in and will hopefully have some OSCAR results within the next few days.

When I have those results I will make a new topic so everyone can have a look.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck! We will look forward to seeing results. Have a great sleep!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 301 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,512 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,356 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.