Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Firefox 29
Good freakin' grief.

It is a mess. If you can keep from upgrading, don't. I finally figured out it was the theme I was using that was most of the problems but even the default theme has issues. This is what I see for this board's address bar as well as for several other sites. Is it some sort of privacy thing maybe?

[Image: firefox29-01.jpg]

Lots of stuff not lining up, things moved, that orange Firefox they were so proud of just a few years ago is gone.

Still trying to relearn it all.

Gah.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's just weird. Blink
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah. You can't find the reload button (but at least I know about F5) and you can't copy the address or choose part of it or anything. There's no text visible behind it. I can see the RSS button a little but that's it. And this is with the Firefox default theme.

Aha! Figured it out. No matter where I put my cursor, I only saw the "subscribe" options for the RSS feed. So I disabled an addon I have that handles that and it's gone now.

Which is good I guess but I liked that addon, dangit!
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Ad-ons can be problematic, I know. Heck whenever I tried to add something to our forum software, it usually borked some other function. Simplicity is always best when it comes to computers. It's like mixing a plethora of medicines together... bad interactions happen then.

Happy Eyes
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the warning -- I am on 28 release and spent years on Betas, but every now and then we get a really FUNKY release.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm, I'm on release 29. Really didn't notice it until you brought it up. It looks and drives pretty much the same. A couple of the icons look a little goofier than they did before, but not a big thing.

I'm wondering if you might need to uninstall and reinstall it?

It's looking fine here on my 26" monitor.
Post Reply Post Reply

On the recommendation of my former LAN administrator, I switched to Chrome a couple of years ago. I do keep Firefox (for no apparent reason) and IE (for downloading data from my bank's website).
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2014, 08:43 AM)PollCat Wrote: On the recommendation of my former LAN administrator, I switched to Chrome a couple of years ago. I do keep Firefox (for no apparent reason) and IE (for downloading data from my bank's website).

Did your LAN administrator say why his preference was Chrome?

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply
I use all 3, Firefox by choice, Chrome because it doesn't have all the Firefox add-ons and therefore works better for a very few sites, and IE because there are just some awful websites that don't work without it.

Most of the time all three are open on my WORK computer, and at home usually only Firefox is running.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

On my Win 8.1 laptop I run Chrome most of the time. I won't touch IE at all. I have been playing with a new one called Aviator from the folks over at White Hat Security. It is very streamlined and runs in protect mode as a default. On my Mac I usually run Firefox with Safari as the backup. They both serve me well. I also run a virus checker (BitDefender) on the Mac because of all the stuff I get from my friends with Windoze.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Firefox 42 & lightshot add-on justMongo 4 662 11-22-2015, 01:03 PM
Last Post: archangle
Question Anyone having problens with Firefox crashing justMongo 11 1,406 05-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Last Post: AlanE