Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Firefox 29
You all are behind the times... everyone knows the very safest way to browse the interwebz is by using DOS 6.22 as your OS and the text-based Lynx Web Browser. Now that's livin' life in the fast lane... Bigwink
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2014, 12:50 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Did your LAN administrator say why his preference was Chrome?

Yeah, it had to do with security issues. You need to understand that he is responsible for the USCBP, National Finance Center, here in Indy; and nearly everything he does is linked to security. While he prefers Chrome on his personal computers, DHS mandates that all Bureaus use MS products - i.e. Internet Explorer.

At lunch today, I forgot to ask him about the latest snafu though I seriously doubt that anything could have gotten through DHS's firewalls.

As for SS's jab:

(05-02-2014, 04:22 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: You all are behind the times... everyone knows the very safest way to browse the interwebz is by using DOS 6.22 as your OS and the text-based Lynx Web Browser. Now that's livin' life in the fast lane... Bigwink

You really need to quit using Mr. Peabody's Wayback machine, SS!! Whistle Bigwink

Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
I dislike Google more and more (tracking my every freakin' move) so using Chrome makes me twitch.

I'm using FF29 with the default theme and removed my RSS addon and so far, no other weirdness has happened. The theme I usually use is high contrast (stuff changes color when I hover over it) which is easier for me to see. FF had an accessibility effort going a few years back but they got no support so they stopped. The guy who developed the theme I used (Aeon Colors 6) is working on it to get it running again.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Seamonkey for me - crashes or freezes way less than FF.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my FF 29. I like it. Agree Paula - Google is a tracking monster.

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried Chrome for a couple of hours but went back to IE 11.
Have received, I believe, 2 MS updates for IE11 in the last couple of days.

I figured they would get off their butt real quick with a fix.

Just my opinion.

Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

I know this is a necro thread; but, I recently went to FF29. What a mess.
No change for the tabs in the config file. Terrible.
I had to get an add-on, Classic Theme Restorer, to get back control of the user interface.

And Chrome hard codes the DNS servers to Google's 8.8.8.8
Post Reply Post Reply
I just had my laptop in for repairs after reloading Firefox and my computer was so messed up and a lot of virus infection.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2014, 08:06 PM)justMongo Wrote: I know this is a necro thread; but, I recently went to FF29. What a mess.
No change for the tabs in the config file. Terrible.
I had to get an add-on, Classic Theme Restorer, to get back control of the user interface.

And Chrome hard codes the DNS servers to Google's 8.8.8.8

I had no problem at all but then I do not do much customization.
Post Reply Post Reply

Ok, I am using FF 29.01 Funnelcake with a date of Nov 2013 (must be based 29 date as it just updated about a week ago.)

Also says: mozilla28 1.0

No issues. Some of the issue that 28 was giving me are gone. (trouble with automatic url fixing, search shortcuts, and such.)

BTW, I do have Lynx here, although I can usually get by with Wget or Curl for automation and scripting.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Firefox 42 & lightshot add-on justMongo 4 781 11-22-2015, 01:03 PM
Last Post: archangle
Question Anyone having problens with Firefox crashing justMongo 11 1,606 05-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Last Post: AlanE