Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Firmware Changes ResMed10
Firmware Changes ResMed10
I picked up a new ResMed 10. 

my 1st ResMed10  firmware is SW 556-0204
my 2nd ResMed10 firmware is SW 567-0306 

My questions are

1) Anyone know what the difference is between the two?  (can't find via web searches)

2) Are firmware updates suppose to be pushed to out ResMed's and applied automatically? 

Anyone know?

thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Firmware Changes ResMed10
1) To the best of my knowledge, none of the manufacturers publish any sort of release notes.
2) Assuming they are only firmware changes, one could hope so, and nevertheless be disappointed.

Two questions, just for the record: Is all the information on the model plates the same, and what are the first six digits of the two serial numbers?

Clearly, if the model numbers are different, all bets are off, just as you wouldn't expect an old Ford Focus to be upgraded to the latest features.
Post Reply Post Reply
I remember a couple years back, Resmed pushed a firmware upgrade via the cellular modem. I haven't heard anything since then.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
1st one 231729xxxxx
2nd one 231722xxxxx

Don’t know model #
Of 1st machine
Post Reply Post Reply
The only change I know of is a change to ResScan software last year, but I wouldn't even gamble on it being that, it may just be a component that has been changed inside and it as changed for that.  ResMed keep these things close to their chest, so unless you bump into someone in the know, you will never find out.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
any new updates on the firmware?
Take control of your machine
pick your weapon (ResScan/ OSCAR)
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
No updates that I'm aware of. There's going to be a model ?11 released within a few years, maybe it'll be S 11. As the past seems to teach us, don't expect updated software/upgrades as this is rare for CPAP devices. It's not like there's many complaints like there are on cell phones and such like.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The way I remember Resmed's last update, they used the A10's cellular connection to push it out.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
They are getting ready to push an update. The new version will have the pong game installed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2019, 04:20 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: No updates that I'm aware of. There's going to be a model ?11 released within a few years, maybe it'll be S 11. As the past seems to teach us, don't expect updated software/upgrades as this is rare for CPAP devices. It's not like there's many complaints like there are on cell phones and such like.

Coffee

Thanks Dave, based off some of the stuff I read is it safe to assume that once a CPAP machine is out then almost no patches are made and if they are it seems like there is no significant improvement or features added? Also no publication as to what the patches contain?
Take control of your machine
pick your weapon (ResScan/ OSCAR)
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,223 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 631 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
Question [Equipment] Last airsense autoset firmware? logart89 0 551 05-11-2023, 12:12 PM
Last Post: logart89
  ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset firmware upgrade? Tomislav 6 2,774 01-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Tomislav
  Mask Settings on ResMed10 Autoset Joe Bezz 5 762 07-04-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  is SW567-0306 out of date? resmed10 theMezz 6 1,550 07-01-2022, 09:44 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  ResMed10 EPR question Joe Bezz 5 728 01-19-2022, 11:31 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.