Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

It's moving day........
It's moving day........
Tonight I move back into our bedroom. I have been banned (by friendly agreement) from our bed for many months. Maybe a year.

Thanks to my handy dandy little machine and suction cup, I no longer snore. In fact, it has been a couple of months now since I set off the west coast tsunami alert sirens. That's a good thing.

So my wife asked me to give up my comfy couch, and resume my place in our bed with her and the 4 cats.

This is an achievement which I non-the-less approach with a little trepidation. I visualize waking up in the middle of the night, laying in the floor tethered to my cpap while the cats cozy up in my nice warm blankets.

Oh well... As in all things in life, it's not about the destination, but rather the journey. Looking forward to sleepy night time.............
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: It's moving day........
Good luck retired_guy,
I hope your cats won't rebel and ruin your hose, (Ha-Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck retired guy, you always have your comfy couch as a last resort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck buddy, hope you don't become cat food!
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night went pretty well. I got some nice sleep, and didn't wake the neighbors or my wife. Several times during the night I woke up to her pushing me out of bed. So I would scoot over, and go back to sleep. After several occasions of that I realized the push-or had 4 feet pushing against the back of the push-ee (that would be me). Since I was pretty sure my wife does not have 4 feet, I rightly concluded it was a cat that was being inconvenienced. I moved over of course.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-07-2014, 07:59 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Tonight I move back into our bedroom. I have been banned (by friendly agreement) from our bed for many months. Maybe a year.

Thanks to my handy dandy little machine and suction cup, I no longer snore. In fact, it has been a couple of months now since I set off the west coast tsunami alert sirens. That's a good thing.

So my wife asked me to give up my comfy couch, and resume my place in our bed with her and the 4 cats.

This is an achievement which I non-the-less approach with a little trepidation. I visualize waking up in the middle of the night, laying in the floor tethered to my cpap while the cats cozy up in my nice warm blankets.

Oh well... As in all things in life, it's not about the destination, but rather the journey. Looking forward to sleepy night time.............

Loved your story. My husband and I have had separate rooms for over 20 years more because I have to read or watch tv when I go to bed where as he goes right to sleep.

I'm glad for you, it's a thrill not to snore Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi retired_guy,
Glad to hear it went fairly well, hope the cats eventually get used to you, (Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2014, 12:12 PM)retired_guy Wrote: Last night went pretty well. I got some nice sleep, and didn't wake the neighbors or my wife. Several times during the night I woke up to her pushing me out of bed. So I would scoot over, and go back to sleep. After several occasions of that I realized the push-or had 4 feet pushing against the back of the push-ee (that would be me). Since I was pretty sure my wife does not have 4 feet, I rightly concluded it was a cat that was being inconvenienced. I moved over of course.

Really glad to hear things went well for you. Hopefully the cats won't start using your hose as a scratching post. You have a great sense of humor - thank you for sharing with us.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey retiredguy:
Good-workThumbs-up-2
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 600 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Moving From RM S9 to Airsense10 -- Great Discomfort hypnos 3 410 11-10-2023, 08:51 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Apnoea when moving between sleep stages? lindylou 2 442 08-11-2023, 12:37 AM
Last Post: lindylou
  [Treatment] Koala1 - Moving to Resmed, aerophagia, please help with optimization koala1 101 7,195 05-27-2023, 03:52 AM
Last Post: koala1
  Moving from BiPAP to CPAP during Travel NotSleeplessInSeattle 3 982 12-10-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Moving Data Card to New Machine Abletree 2 771 04-20-2022, 01:43 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Mask moving jaw back anomaly32 10 1,937 12-14-2021, 04:29 PM
Last Post: Geer1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.