Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Firmware update for Remstar Auto A-Flex
RE: Firmware update for Remstar Auto A-Flex
It could be an earlier model as the newer ones can be used with both 15mm and 22mm tubes. I thought a tube is a tube but no have to keep up with the Jonses or the kardashians Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2012, 05:16 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Are you looking into the clinician menu? If not, it could be the one has that option turned off to the user in the clinician menu.

Yes, I looked through the clinician's menu as well as the user menu. More to the point, [commercial DME link removed per Apnea Board Rules] says right on the page that older machines do not have a menu item for hose size, so the 15mm hose is incompatible. Sad

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply

If you you can afford the DME machine keep it and use the used machine as a backup.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2012, 05:14 PM)squid13 Wrote: If you you can afford the DME machine keep it and use the used machine as a backup.
Welcome to the new forum from the old forum

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2012, 06:02 PM)zonk Wrote: It could be an earlier model as the newer ones can be used with both 15mm and 22mm tubes. I thought a tube is a tube but no have to keep up with the Jonses or the kardashians Dont-know

Remember plane geometry and physics? The area of a circle with a 15mm diameter is less than the area of a circle with a 22mm diameter, so the speed of the airflow must be increased in order to supply the same volume of air at the mask. You can do this simply enough by increasing the pressure at the pump. My machine with firmware version 1.24 is hard-wired for only one pressure at the pump, the pressure needed for a 22mm hose. It probably has the same blower motor as the newer machines, but the newer machines have software to increase the speed of the blower motor to produce the higher pressure required by the 15mm hose.

I could probably hack it by increasing my minimum and maximum pressures to compensate for the narrower hose. The math and physics are simple enough. But it's not worth the effort. Plus, the data on the card would then reflect the higher pressures, requiring explanation when I give the data to the doc. I'll just suffer with a fat hose. Big Grin

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to get the stench of the previous owner's perfume out of the thing. When I become emperor of the world I'm gonna make perfume illegal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Change the filter.

Then put a drop of the de-stink stuff (most auto stores sell it) on a filter (or on something near the filter), put it in place, then run it for a while.

In theory, this should work.

A while back, I was traveling and came across a very stinky hotel room. Even the next night when I started up the machine, i could still smell it. I replaced the filter and let it run for a while. That helped.

And I agree that perfume should be illegal. Or at least rationed so only so much can be used at a time.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Me too allergic to perfume, sprays and anything smelly Cold
Post Reply Post Reply
I managed to clean up most of the smell. I took apart the humidifier and scrubbed in the sink with a lot of soap, and finally got that part smelling clean. The blower unit was more problematic. I didn't have any de-stink stuff in the house except Febreze. I spritzed a couple drops on the sponge and ran it for a bit, but then the whole room smelled like Febreze. Then I remembered why I found my bottle of Febreze clear in the back of the cupboard under the kitchen sink - it smells as bad as the perfume. But after I washed out the sponge with soap and water the blower unit smells almost clean.

Last night was my second night with the used unit. I noticed the stink the first night and I was hoping it would dissipate, but last night demonstrated that it was not going to go away by itself. Unfortunately, manufacturers make perfumes so they won't wash off. I got some on my hand once and it took three days to get rid of it. It also doesn't help that my parents recombined some dog DNA with theirs so I can smell one part in gazillion.

Tomorrow I have to take the DME unit back lest they charge me for another month rental. I get to keep the mask and hose because the bill says those were purchased. And when I take it back I will put it in the travel bag that came with the used one, because that bag stinks even worse than the machine did. Wish I could swap the blower unit too and keep the DME one with version 2.51. I wonder what they do with machines returned after one month.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 372 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Phillips update. Big Guy 0 271 01-29-2024, 08:22 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,123 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 579 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 251 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.