Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First 2 weeks. Mask recommendations?
First 2 weeks. Mask recommendations?
I've done the last two weeks with my ResMed Airsense10 Autoset and Phillips Dreamwear mask.  I like the minimum mask, but Sleepyhead is telling me I have too much leakage.  Pressure was set to 5-20 during initial setup.
I wear a beard, and am a face-in-the-pillow side sleeper, with my left cheek against a pillow corner.  I think this is not only closing off one side of the Dreamwear, but inevitably pushing the nose seal away as I move.  I note my best nights are when I do the most amount of physical activity during the day, and just fall to bed exhausted.  I probably do not move very much.

What mask would you recommend I try at this point?

[attachment=4038]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First 2 weeks. Mask recommendations?
I'm a side sleeper and the ResMed P10 works for me. Also a lot of people like the F&P Brevida.

For leaks try a soft cervical collar. It will help keep your jaw closed and cut down on mouth leaks.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First 2 weeks. Mask recommendations?
I"m a side sleeper and I've used both the p10 and the Brevida--the P10 would dislodge when I moved, the Brevida doesn't so I've stuck with that.  Otherwise both where comfortable for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,222 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 322 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,335 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 521 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,504 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  Recommendations to optimize settings roost 8 625 03-06-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: roost

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.