Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First 3 nights with APAP thoughts on CA events?
First 3 nights with APAP thoughts on CA events?
I was diagnosed with moderate to severe sleep apnea with an AHI of 31.2 in early January.  I was given a CPAP for my first machine and brought my AHI down to 12 to 19 AHI.  Pressure was set at 12 than dropped to 10.  Woke up a lot feeling like I couldn't breath or was fighting it.  I bought an APAP so I could start getting the data off the sd card and see what was going on.  These are my first 3 nights.  AHI is better but I would like to see it with a score of 0-3.  Also my CA events are pretty high and concerning to me.  I'm going to call my sleep doctor and have them verify these events weren't picked up on my sleep study.  I know on my diagnostic test he mentioned I had 1 CA, but nothing was mentioned about them on my titration study.  Any thoughts or rec. would be appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First 3 nights with APAP thoughts on CA events?
starting with a pressure of 4 is usually not a good idea. Your Flow Limitations and hypopneas are what is driving your pressure. so

Set EPR on Fulltime with EPR=2 as this will help both the flow limitations and hypopneas
Set min pressure =7 to provide a better starting point for your therapy and give the EPR room to work.

We will be watching your Central Apnea because sometimes increasing EPR will cause CA events to rise. This is a good thing because it will tell us more about the nature of your central apnea and we will adjust accordingly.

Also please drop the pie chart so we can see more of what is actually there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bonjour thanks for recommendations.  I have changed the settings and will post the charts tomorrow.  I don't know how to close the pie chart.  I do not see that as an option anywhere under "view" or "data".  Only options I have left to close are the daily side bar and the toggle cursor line.  I realize the pie chart bumps everything down but I don't see how to correct that.  I'm on a mac if that makes any differences in terms of options.
Post Reply Post Reply
File, Preferences, Appearance, uncheck pie box, and there you are!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok thank you.  I made those changes and it moved everything up but the machine setting is still the only part of window that is totally visible.  Is it an issue with my small laptop screen?
Post Reply Post Reply
The statistics that pop up are something that we always look at to see if we feel something we are not seeing needs a closer look.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last nights data with changes made to start pressure and EPR settings.  Additionally I taped my mouth to eliminate any mouth leaks.  I've zoomed in on the cluster of CA events in the 1am hour in one of the shots.  Whats your impression of the data Bonjour?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 352 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 371 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 269 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 573 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.