Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Appointment with Sleep Doctor
RE: First Appointment with Sleep Doctor
(07-06-2016, 07:43 PM)green wings Wrote: Yes, 24 L/min, not 34 L/min. Sorry about that, Sautee.

More confusing info - the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her model has both the "For Her" auto-adjusting algorithm and the regular Resmed auto algorithm. That gives you two choices of algorithms (software programs, basically) to determine how much pressure you need. It's nice to have if it's available to you.

I have seen posts by a few people on this forum who have the regular Airsense 10 Autoset machine who have said that their machines have the "For Her" algorithm as well as the basic one. So you might want to look in the settings for your machine to see if you have that.

There may be other differences between the two machines, too, but you'll have to ask a ResMed user. I know the "For Her" has flowers on it. Coffee

If you want copies of the Clinician's Manuals for these two machines for purpose of comparison, you can find instructions near the bottom of this page to have them e-mailed to you.
Thanks again, green wings. I have the Airsense 10 manual, and I just requested the "for her" manual. I told the sleep dr. that I had asked for a "for her" unit at my sleep study (titration), but I received the other one. He said "well, they're the same..." and I said "yeah, except for the color." I told him that very little about this CPAP process is fun, and I thought the girly unit would have been nice.
Hope it's a great day for you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Appointment with Sleep Doctor
sautee,
You may want to show this information to your doctor and educated him/her. You can find this information easily, just google it.

The AirSense 10 for Her is the very first machine specifically designed for the female sleep apnea patient. Equip with FDA approved algorithm designed to respond to upper respiratory disturbances, further alleviating obstructive sleep apnea.

For Her Machine, the first ever machine specifically designed for the female demographic. ResMed has developed an FDA approved "For Her" algorithm that tracks upper respiratory disturbances found in the patient. The machine will respond immediately to any respiratory incident, altering pressure after a single unnatural breath.

Additionally, the machine features an aesthetic floral-themed design which should appeal to the female user.

There is a difference, not just color, and you should ask for the machine you want.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,727 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 526 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Doctor switched my wife over to an ASV machine, it has doubled her AHI MaybeTowelie 18 933 12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Most Informtive Metrics To Send To Doctor BlueSky1958 3 331 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.