Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First CPAP night, questions about Sleepyhead data
RE: First CPAP night, questions about Sleepyhead data
(04-02-2017, 06:44 PM)lrob123 Wrote: Do you know if most new CPAP users have quick response from their sleep doctor or RT when it comes to changing their pressure? Or do many people have bad luck and get fed up and just do it themselves?  I know it makes perfect sense to do it yourself if you've been using CPAP successfully for years already but just need to adjust because you go a new machine or new mask or moved to a location at a different altitude for example. 

Since I've only had my machine for 2 days,  I thought I'd try asking the doc or RT first. I'm just wondering if many people have trouble getting changed made. I'm a bit nervous because I love my doctor but his assistant never calls people back (I left 3 messages and never got called back, and she did not return 4 messages from someone at my insurance company company who only needed her to fax info) .  But now I have an RT at a DME who can act as my advocate  or middleman ,  so I might get a better response .

I'm a new cpap user (a little over a month now). After my first week of use I was feeling like my high end pressure was set too high. I was started on 
4cmH20 to 20cmH20. I called and left a message on my primary physician's voice mail requesting a reduction, and he called it in to my equipment provider the very next day. He reduced the high end to 16cmH20 which was an improvement.

Despite the fact my physician responded well, I personally like the idea of being in control of my own therapy and intend to educate myself as much as possible thru the community and the information that is shared in this forum. I feel like I'm more interested in my apnea than any physician or medical supply rep. 

I have used my cpap machine every night since I got it 40 days ago. My untreated AHI was at 30. I've averaged 3.5 AHI over my last 30 days with several days under 2 AHI. It's empowering to learn about one's sleep data/profile and work towards improvement. I'm glad I found this forum.

Best of luck with your therapy!  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Juniper's questions juniper 5 79 6 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 52 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 144 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,067 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 841 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 230 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  First night on CPAP. OSCAR feedback? brainfoggysleeper 7 322 02-24-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.