Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Checkup - What to Ask?
RE: First Checkup - What to Ask?
Since the climateline is attached to the machine electrically, I would assume the machine automatically adjusts to it. Not sure about the Max, though. Anything for a buck.

If his AHI is that low, then there won't be any shocks when you view the oximeter data. Unless he has some other lung condition, it should be just fine.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Checkup - What to Ask?
Belated welcome, SPOUSE! I agree with others who have said your hubby's numbers are looking really good! Great and fast positive response to the start up of CPAP therapy.
If you express an interest in learning what you can about CPAP, I don't believe the doc will react in a negative way at all. My bet is that he/she will feel quite comfortable with that, especially if you somehow indicate to him/her that your intention is not to change pressures on your own (without his/her OK), but rather to educate yourself about your hubby's progress. Take along a couple pages from Sleepyhead that will show current numbers and perhaps a short summary since the start and show it to the doc. That's what I did and it was all positive. I also got the impression on my first follow up visit when bearing Sleepy Head printouts that my doc wasn't familiar with SH. Next visit, I brought him printouts in ResScan and he clearly was familiar with that software. So, when time permits, you might want to also try ResScan. Over time, I've found myself using it as my primary, with SH as a second favorite software.
After a few follow up visits, my doc expressed his feelings about having a pt. who is interested in what's going on with his therapy. Matter of fact, when saying goodbye to him at the end of my last visit, he said, "It's always a pleasure". I guess he sees a lot of folks who don't necessarily want to comply with the therapy and/or who are uninterested in their own medical care.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two Weeks - Data Checkup dracus 5 1,149 11-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Checkup Today LJones 5 2,693 10-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Last Post: archangle
  Shoud I Take My S9 to The DME for a Checkup? JimZZZ 6 2,361 07-31-2014, 12:25 AM
Last Post: vsheline
  Six Month Checkup & Checking In SPOUSE 2 2,170 06-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Six Week Checkup Results SPOUSE 9 4,304 01-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Last Post: SPOUSE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.