Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Cheyne Stokes Episode
First Cheyne Stokes Episode
I've been on CPAP for nine months, and last night I had my first Cheyne Stokes episode. It has me a little worried and confused. Would you Sleepyhead experts please comment on my data. I also had no Cheyne Stokes episodes in either sleep study.

Thank you.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Cheyne Stokes Episode
Can you zoom in on the area in question?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2015, 07:31 AM)AlanE Wrote: Can you zoom in on the area in question?

Try clicking on the screen image and it becomes larger.
(that is what I did and it worked)

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2015, 08:19 AM)GrammaBear Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 07:31 AM)AlanE Wrote: Can you zoom in on the area in question?

Try clicking on the screen image and it becomes larger.
(that is what I did and it worked)

No, what he mean is, please use your mouse to highlight the area where you were having CSR, and then take a screenshot. This will give us a close up view of what is going on.

-Ailu
Reformed CPAP Outlaw
Post Reply Post Reply
The area in question is already highlighted.
On the flow graph, click over the highlighted area until you can see the breathing pattern spread out more.
Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like I reached my 600K attachment limit, so I had to delete the first two. So here's the magnified section of the Cheyne Stokes area. I already checked last night's graphs, and there are no CS events, and my AHI is low (2.14).

Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jim,
If this is just a one time thing, don't worry too much over it. I experience the same thing. Maybe once every three to four weeks I see this same breathing pattern for a short period of time.
You may just want to monitor it, and if it worries you the best thing to do is bring up to your sleep doctor. Print our the reports and the flow graph for your doc.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2015, 09:26 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Jim,
If this is just a one time thing, don't worry too much over it. I experience the same thing. Maybe once every three to four weeks I see this same breathing pattern for a short period of time.
You may just want to monitor it, and if it worries you the best thing to do is bring up to your sleep doctor. Print our the reports and the flow graph for your doc.
Thanks OpalRose. I'll do that. Perhaps it's time for a heart checkup too. I haven't had one for 25 years.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2015, 09:55 AM)Jim Bronson Wrote:
(07-23-2015, 09:26 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Jim,
Thanks OpalRose. I'll do that. Perhaps it's time for a heart checkup too. I haven't had one for 25 years.

Jim,
Good idea! It's best to rule out a potential health problem instead of worrying about it. I had all those tests last year and all was normal.
Good luck.

OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
By definition and according to your flow chart, what you are looking at is not Cheyne Stokes. It fits the definition of patterned breathing. If it was Cheyne Stokes all of the Hs would be CAs. I definitely would not worry about it unless you have it most of the time-day in and day out. I would still be curious and would ask my Doc about it the next time I saw him/her.

The first 2 sentences are facts. The rest are my opinion.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How bad is this really? CSA & Cheyne Stokes Little Olive 7 248 03-12-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Little Olive
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 180 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Cheyne Stokes Respiration and Central Apnea Clusters Aldiorg 8 823 02-19-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Simultaneous Reporting of Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) and Central Apnea (CA) Aldiorg 3 294 02-19-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 330 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Need advice - Clear Airway Apnea and Cheyne Stokes skiphudspeth 7 635 12-31-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  New to CPAP, just used OSCAR for the first time, should I be concerned?(Cheyne Stoke) breckenk 23 2,224 11-20-2023, 08:43 AM
Last Post: breckenk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.