Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Impressions?
RE: First Impressions?
That is PB, not CSR, and even the lesser breaks look Central in nature.

Because of this change and the CNS meds discuss this with your doctor.

I'm not concerned, watching yes, with the PB yet, more the increase in CA events and the less than 10 second events.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your medications could be causing the CA’s if it depresses your central nervous system talk to your Dr
Post Reply Post Reply
THANK YOU THANK YOU for the feedback!

Ok it's getting worse lol... my numbers last night are mostly Centrals... I can't stop taking the meds so that's not a resolution... is this high but ok? I am seeing my narcolepsy doc tomorrow but IDK if he can address the sleep apnea as its not his specialty. Im putting up last nights, which is technically the only one so far that high, and one from a few days ago that is more typical.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
sw33, it is fairly easy to treat individuals that experience central apnea events, including those on opioids and CNS effective drugs. The therapy of choice is the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV which can provide adaptive pressure support to ensure a breath when you don't take one. The ASV resolves both obstructive and central apnea, and is especially effective at treating central apnea related to prescription drug use. The difficulty is getting your doctors together that prescribe the medications and your PAP therapy. The first step is to inform both doctors of the situation,a nd asking about ASV therapy as an alternative, due the complication of drug therapies you require.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SR o have a very similar post waiting to be sent from my P,C (interrupted last night). The med being taken has the possibility of causing breathing difficulty.

2 question for the doctor
Could the meds be causing my Central Apneas? If so are there alternatives?
Is this (the meds)likely a short term or long term treatment.
And to look at ASV if the answer is not really and/or long term.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the quick replies!

I was afraid you would say that, and I probably can get an ASV, its just the logistics are daunting because I see a Narcolepsy doctor and a Sleep Apnea doctor in the same office, but at different times. The Narcolepsy doc is only there once a month because he flies in from across the country. I think I might be able to swing it, though. The question is, is it worth it, or is an AHI between 5-10 ok?

The medication is probably the cause, as trials documented that people with Sleep Apnea saw an increase in their AHI. It has already changed my life for the better after using it for one month, and the full effect is going to take up to 7 months. It will be a permanent thing because without it I do not sleep and will see a very short life span (seriously- between no sleep and not being able to work out to maintain my type 1 diabetes because no sleep = no recovery from exercise which maintains my blood sugars and prevents complications, I project I have 5-10 more years before I die from a stroke or heart attack). There is no other alternative, and I don't see one coming down the pipe in my lifetime.
Post Reply Post Reply
The medical necessity of ASV is up to the doctors. A tool that helps decide is a recording oximeter, which is a pretty reasonable cost (under $100) from Supplier #19. That can document SpO2 decreases and pulse increases resulting from apnea. The other question is whether the apnea at this level is disruptive to your sleep and leaves you fatigued or feeling other effects. In general, short CA events are usually not a big problem but we don't know the duration of events from what was posted. From what you posted above, I think ASV is definitely worth a trial. We have had other members describe ASV as a device that gave them their life back. Your results may vary, but ASV is capable of treating every event we have seen in your results, from OA to CA and even the periodic breathing and hypopnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResVent iBreeze impressions and OSCAR support? LS38 22 6,365 06-26-2022, 06:49 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset first impressions buddy0329 3 990 07-04-2021, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Rice95
  Dreamstation A-CPAP first impressions kenmbz 2 738 10-12-2020, 12:18 PM
Last Post: kenmbz
  AirSet 10 Autoset, Dreamwear, F20 - first impressions Dyssomniac 6 1,422 01-08-2019, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Pete G
  Impressions of data Cam12 16 2,776 11-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Cam12
  Nasal vs nasal pillows: my impressions rhodesengr 8 3,885 06-29-2016, 10:40 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.