Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night!
RE: First Night!
Following your progress...I am new too and just had my first night with CPAP last night. Was tough first hour but then it became easier as the night went on. I started out at 4 and found it rather hard to breath out....but then it went up to 6, then 8 and it was much easier...slept fairly well and woke up feeling a bit more rested. Still have headache but its only been 1 night!

You have the Resmed 10....how do you like it? Did you use the humidifier and if so what setting and did the water level last the night?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
NTMU!

I like it a lot, I did a lot of research and was thrilled when my insurance company paid for this one. I did use the humidifier, at first on auto then I turned it down and then back to auto. The water level went from full to the bottom line. I found it hard to exhale so I changed the setting from 1 to 2 and it became easier, I forget what that was called.

It's towards the end of my work day now and I'm still wide awake with tons of energy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2015, 04:05 PM)GingerMan512 Wrote: NTMU!

I like it a lot, I did a lot of research and was thrilled when my insurance company paid for this one. I did use the humidifier, at first on auto then I turned it down and then back to auto. The water level went from full to the bottom line. I found it hard to exhale so I changed the setting from 1 to 2 and it became easier, I forget what that was called.

It's towards the end of my work day now and I'm still wide awake with tons of energy.

Ain't it a great feeling to have that engery at the end of the day. Congrats......may the force be with you.
It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Night 2:
I was still wide awake at midnight and didn't fall asleep until about 1:30, so that sucked total usage was about 5:15. My events dropped from 6.5 to 5.9 events per hour. I'm more tired today than I was yesterday but still nothing like before I started treatment. One day at a time huh? On the plus side I've convinced 2 coworkers to go in to get evaluated. We have pretty good insurance. My only out of pocket was for 10% of the machine itself and $30 for the initial Doctor's visit.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good deal GM, hang in there. Improvements are good. I have found that limiting my caffeine intake helps me with my sleep. I try not to have any caffeine after lunch and it works for me. Having coworkers on CPAP could be beneficial to the whole crew. Not only will all of you feel better, but you will have lots to talk about around the water cooler.
Regards;
Lex Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey everyone. Just slept night three and woke up on my own at about 7:45 so that's nice. I keep pulling the hose off the mask at night but I'm sure that will stop. My main "problem" now is that I'm not really that tired until after midnight, just wide awake. I didn't doze off once yesterday! First time that's happened in years! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great! now you can go walking a bit after dinner to burn off the excess energy. Smile
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a great night's sleep last night. I bought an aromatherapy starter kit. I used "calm" which is mint based. I only had time for about 6.5 hours sleep but it was great! My AHI was 1.9 after an average of like 6 for the past week.

This CPAP is working better than I expected and I know I don't have to tell y'all how awesome that is!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2015, 08:19 AM)GingerMan512 Wrote: This CPAP is working better than I expected and I know I don't have to tell y'all how awesome that is!

Well-doneCongratsGood-work

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I just had a horrifying call with the nurse from my ENT. They had forgotten to go over the initial sleep study results with me. I was having 100 events an hour and my oxygen saturation at its worst was in the 50%'s!!!!!

I'm so so glad the machine is working for me. I'm averaging under 5 events an hour now so ya hopefully I won't wake up dead now! lol
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,109 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,340 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,233 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,201 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.