Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night
First Night
Just picked up my machine. Tonight will be my first night with it. Wish me luck.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Night
Good Luck sibertiger!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2014, 08:24 PM)sibertiger Wrote: Just picked up my machine. Tonight will be my first night with it. Wish me luck.
Best of luck
Tomorrow morning, let us know how the night went
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck! Just remember, the first time is memorable, but may not be the best. For most of us it takes a while to get much benefit, or even to be able to sleep right through. On the other hand some lucky people take to CPAP like a duck to water. Let's hope you're in the latter group.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Sibertiger,
Ditto what DeepBreathing said. I hope you wake up feeling quite "ducky" (like a duck taking to water)! Can't wait to find out how your night goes. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sibertiger, all the best for a great first night on CPAP!
We will be looking forward to hearing how you went.
Sleep-well
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sibertiger,
I hope you have a good and restful first night. Let us know how it went for you tomorrow.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
First night completed......

This takes some getting used to, I can see. Awoke feeling tired still, but that is normal from what I've seen here.

From SleepyHead: (Wow this machine tracks a bunch of stuff, not sure what's important)
Some Highlights
Logged time of 6.5 hrs
Overall AHI of 4.07
Total Leaks: 48

Sounds like mask needs further adjustments.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your hours logged is decent for your first time. I struggled to get the necessary 4 hours to meet compliance for a couple weeks. I developed some insomnia problems that I had to deal with. Once I got to sleep I could sleep well and through the night. I still struggle with insomnia and work through it. Some nights are better than others with getting to sleep. AHI should be under 5 so you are good with that. Your leaks is high. Should be under 24L/min. Most of us take a while before we adjust and feel the benefits of therapy. There will be ups and downs with it. Stick with it, be patient, and stay optimistic. Keep asking questions. This forum has a lot of members that offer encouragement, knowledge, tips and advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
With your Philips machine your leaks are not high. The 24 l/min is the acceptable target for ResMed machines that calculate only the unintentional leaks. The Philips machines give you total leaks which include the mask vent. It sounds like your unintentional leaks are close to zero. Most masks vent in the 40-50 l/min area.

PAP on,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 842 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 885 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,102 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,336 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,208 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,243 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,196 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.