Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night Looking for advise
First Night Looking for advise
Hello. I am new here and wanted to post my first nights Oscar report. Right now it is set as the doctor said to set it. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Not sure I posted the correct way. Please let me know if I didn't.

Thanks in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Night Looking for advise
Sorry, I didn’t say what I was needing help with. I was just wanting help figuring out what my Oscar report is telling me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not your doctor or anybody's doctor, but I find it odd when they choose to dumb down an APAP machine to act like a CPAP. Tends to make me wonder if they stopped learning about sleep apnea 40 years ago, or something like that.

At minimum, changing mode to APAP and then giving it max and min of 9.0 if you want the same settings will add some additional data that CPAP mode does not gather, IIRC

You seem to have the graph format basically correct. You could shrink the individual graph height just a bit and more would fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I think it is because they tried to give me a so called brick and I turned it down. Then they gave me this one set up this way.

I will try your suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Other people will feel better than I do about specific recommendations for your settings.

My knee-jerk would be APAP, EPR on 3, and raise the upper limit (only gone to if the machine thinks it needs to) either to 12 and see if that helps, or to 20 and see if you have major mask leak issues if the pressure goes up there. After you have some data, bump it up if it's plateauing at 12, or bump it down if it's never going to the new setting. But others will have more solid recommendations.

Good on ya' not taking the brick.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP Data advise DaCronic072 1 317 01-02-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: DaCronic072
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,216 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New CPAP user here. Ready to learn. Please advise how I can improve! Sleepyman12 4 539 12-13-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Sad [Treatment] Need help/advise after changing BiPAP Machine dnar82 6 754 09-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 889 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 938 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Treatment] Request for Advise on my new ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto BiLevel ExXGZmpK 25 3,040 06-09-2023, 10:50 PM
Last Post: ExXGZmpK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.