Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
RE: First Night/Mask irritation
To PREVENT the red dots (I call them blood blisters) on my forehead which were CAUSED BY my Mirage Quattro Pro mask Forehead Pads, I used a leather punch to make the tiny hole go all the way THROUGH each Forehead Pad.

Note that the leather punch actually cuts out a little "core" in the silicone, allowing the free flow of air so the Forehead Pads no longer act like suction cups. (An ice pick would have allowed the silicone in the pad to reseal the hole, negating my purpose.)

Other tips I would offer: Shave before bedtime. Wash and dry face. Wash mask every few days using Baby Wash to remove grease. Replace seal, mask, and headgear as often as recommended by manufacturer. (Silicone and elastic both disintegrate quickly.)
07-20-2013 08:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
knightlite Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: respronics ds560
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: mirage quattro
Humidifier: resperonics
CPAP Pressure: 10-14.5
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed
I have had great luck with the pad a cheek liners--google them . I'm not a seamstress so I buy them . They are real nice and soft. The ffm forehead pad is covered by a very soft covering and an extra piece to cushion the nose.
My skin is very oily , I wash my face just before bed which cools my skin and removes the oil . But I was still cleaning my cushion with dawn every day to remove oil from the night.
The liner takes away the silicone feel ,keeps oil off the mask,wicks away the mask moisture, stops a lot of the mask leaks .
I now go 4-5 days between mask cleanings , then I wash the liner and mask in dawn . I have the amara and the mirage quattro mask-- same exact liner for each .
I air dry the liner on my lamp shade on night stand in the morning and it is ready to go that night. But I have one on my backup mask ready to go at all times. I do recommend them but I respect those who can make their own .
Pad-a-cheek--- I don't have any relationship with them --I'm just happy to have found them . I 'm just sharing my good results , I really haven't found any negatives - but they are not cheap -- I can't ask my busy good potter wife to try to make these either to save a few bucks.
07-27-2013 06:25 AM
Mark Risley Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Elite
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed FX Mirage
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14
CPAP Software: ResScan Performance Manager

Other Comments: I have worked for 10 years to get 100% compliance.

Sex: Male

I know this may seem counter intuitive, but the forehead can generally be very loose. Just barely tighten it. And remember, I went thru maybe 50 masks over ten years to find total comfort and 9 hours per night average. Don't give up. Your persistence is critical and it will pay huge dividends in you life and good health.
07-27-2013 10:19 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  1st night with DreamWear mask - Best night ever pwgphoto 34 5,321 08-30-2016 08:36 PM
Last Post: HoustonMIke
  First Night using Simplus Mask SkinTone 17 831 08-14-2016 02:54 PM
Last Post: chill
  [CPAP] Needing help (Keeping mask on at night) naata 18 741 08-05-2016 11:48 AM
Last Post: icyura10
  Mask sounding like elephant calls and waking me all night mummer1962 3 338 07-20-2016 07:31 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Surprised Unknowingly taking mask off during the night... kyhmm72 3 495 05-06-2016 08:25 AM
Last Post: green wings
  Mask venting air flow over eyes all night long dawoodsman 7 1,073 04-02-2016 10:11 PM
Last Post: Ed1101
  Taking mask off at night while sleeping doctor perscribed Nuvigil nap80 6 772 03-13-2016 01:51 AM
Last Post: Ghost1958