Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night/Mask irritation
RE: First Night/Mask irritation
To PREVENT the red dots (I call them blood blisters) on my forehead which were CAUSED BY my Mirage Quattro Pro mask Forehead Pads, I used a leather punch to make the tiny hole go all the way THROUGH each Forehead Pad.

Note that the leather punch actually cuts out a little "core" in the silicone, allowing the free flow of air so the Forehead Pads no longer act like suction cups. (An ice pick would have allowed the silicone in the pad to reseal the hole, negating my purpose.)

Other tips I would offer: Shave before bedtime. Wash and dry face. Wash mask every few days using Baby Wash to remove grease. Replace seal, mask, and headgear as often as recommended by manufacturer. (Silicone and elastic both disintegrate quickly.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had great luck with the pad a cheek liners--google them . I'm not a seamstress so I buy them . They are real nice and soft. The ffm forehead pad is covered by a very soft covering and an extra piece to cushion the nose.
My skin is very oily , I wash my face just before bed which cools my skin and removes the oil . But I was still cleaning my cushion with dawn every day to remove oil from the night.
The liner takes away the silicone feel ,keeps oil off the mask,wicks away the mask moisture, stops a lot of the mask leaks .
I now go 4-5 days between mask cleanings , then I wash the liner and mask in dawn . I have the amara and the mirage quattro mask-- same exact liner for each .
I air dry the liner on my lamp shade on night stand in the morning and it is ready to go that night. But I have one on my backup mask ready to go at all times. I do recommend them but I respect those who can make their own .
Pad-a-cheek--- I don't have any relationship with them --I'm just happy to have found them . I 'm just sharing my good results , I really haven't found any negatives - but they are not cheap -- I can't ask my busy good potter wife to try to make these either to save a few bucks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this may seem counter intuitive, but the forehead can generally be very loose. Just barely tighten it. And remember, I went thru maybe 50 masks over ten years to find total comfort and 9 hours per night average. Don't give up. Your persistence is critical and it will pay huge dividends in you life and good health.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to keep mask throughout night Overdrawn 4 240 02-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Overdrawn
  Airtouch F20 nose irritation artg 4 463 01-10-2024, 06:45 AM
Last Post: artg
  Mask riding up at night robbob2112 1 319 12-22-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: mushroom
  Nose/Nosering Irritation Braven05 8 624 12-18-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  My suggestion for help with nasal pillow irritation rebean 3 662 12-06-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Nose irritation with nasal pillows (p10) Jobaaayyy 10 985 10-24-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Jobaaayyy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.