Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night Questions
RE: First Night Questions
Hi Mark. As said before, a 2.7 AHI is actually a pretty good start and the CA events are not really a concern. I had the same thing at PS 4; in fact usually around 1.5 AHI mainly centrals. For me, going to PS of 3 made the range generally less than 1. More important that we don't jump the gun and change perfectly valid settings based on one-night. Let this settle in. There is no harm in your current results, and I suspect that lower PS will improve them, but basing anything on one night is weak.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well; I completed my second night of therapy.  The great thing is that I was pretty comfortable with the mask and the machine and slept well.  I did find my mouth open several times and my leak rate was much higher than the first night.  My AHI was less than 2, so that looked good, but had 11 CA's.  I guess that I need to find a solution to the leaks.  The DME has agreed to give me a FFM, perhaps I should try that as an experment and see if that makes any difference.  Not saying that I would give up the P10, its great.  Perhaps look for some ways to keep my mouth closed.

Again, thanks for all the help and encouragement.

Here is the data from last night:
[Image: zNd3RfRl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks great. If you want to, reduce PS by 1.0 cm to 3.0. Prediction: It will drop your AHI to 1.5.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another night, dropped PS to 3.4 and my AHI was 1.74.  Sleeprider was dead on with his prediction, I will drop it to 3 tonight.  Tried using the Listerene Breathstrips and tape last night to help keep my mouth closed.  The breathstrips worked quite well and after unsealing my lips this morning my breath is minty fresh, an added benefit!!  I have seemed to adapt to the machine and the P10 mask better than I anticipated, it seems like I am not hooked up to a machine at all.  As crazy as it sounds, I am looking forward to go to bed, put my mask on and sleep.  I told a friend yesterday that I was upset about the therapy, I wish that I had started it years ago.  Perhaps its Psychosomatic, but I am feeling better, waking up without the sort of sick feeling that I used to have and seem to be talking Incessantly.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that it truly is the result of the therapy.  Again, thanks to everyone that has helped, I am sure that I would not have progressed as quickly as I have without you guys.   By the way, picked up the free F10 full face mask from the DME yesterday, it made my really appreciate the P10 pillows, thanks.

[Image: kej392Cl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
That's fantastic!

I don't think it's psychosomatic at all. From day 1, my life has been changed by the CPAP! It's a whole new world now!
Post Reply Post Reply
dropped my PS to 3 as recommed by Sleeprider and AHI was 0.67!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ta-daaa!

You must be like me. Can't do the higher PS without some centrals.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 163 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 309 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 467 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,602 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie questions - What am I seeing? lmftit 0 358 09-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Last Post: lmftit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.