Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask insurance return fees
Mask insurance return fees
Being a retired engineer who likes to document and track costs, just for fun I spreadsheeted costs of buying a certain mask from the suppliers listed on this board.  Some suppliers offered return policy "insurance", that as I understand it refunds the full mask cost less shipping costs to/from supplier.   Of course this amounts to your mask cost less the "insurance" cost, so you at least get some money back.

Found at least four that offered it and cost ranged from $30 to $41. 

I suggest this "insurance" is really the suppliers wholesale mask cost, since masks can't be recycled and must be discarded.  So you don't lose everything, just the "insurance" cost.  You are paying them to throw it away.

Anyone else ever do this  research?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask insurance return fees
I have used Supplier #26 for a few mask trials, and have never been charged mask insurance, although I have paid return shipping.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OR realize that insurance is a mechanism to share the risk of a purchase, not to totally eliminate that risk. I am sure they could develop a 100% insurance program, but the cost would be somewhat higher.
Post Reply Post Reply
Opal Rose:

This was in fact the lowest "insurance" cost suppler.  This is the one I will be buying the HYB500 hybrid from.  I find the nasal pillows work best for me but I keep burping mouth air, so figure this mouth nasal pillow mask with chin flap might do the trick plus has all sizes so I can customize it best (I hope!).

I had posted a thread asking about hybrid masks comparisons but had no responses. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2017, 11:02 AM)OpalRose Wrote: I have used Supplier #26 for a few mask trials, and have never been charged mask insurance, although I have paid return shipping.

The insurance was a $30 add-on.  Granted "insurance" was about 1/4th mask cost, but I got burned buying a $150 "supposedly soft" gel mask locally that didn't work so ended up donating it after Lysol disinfectantize and dish-soap washing it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2017, 11:45 AM)CPAPreturnee Wrote: Opal Rose:

This was in fact the lowest "insurance" cost suppler.  This is the one I will be buying the HYB500 hybrid from.  I find the nasal pillows work best for me but I keep burping mouth air, so figure this mouth nasal pillow mask with chin flap might do the trick plus has all sizes so I can customize it best (I hope!).

I had posted a thread asking about hybrid masks comparisons but had no responses. Sad

I don't know of too many here that use hybrid masks.  

One of our members, bonjour, has a Wiki article on all the different masks, and fit advice.  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to look at supplier # 1 they have an odd mask insurance policy ! When
you buy from them you can elect to take out insurance at the time of purchase and the
funny thing is the insurance is free. Then you can return the mask within a 30 day period
and I assume you still have to pay the postage.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,524 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 245 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 432 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,576 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Question on Sleep Study and Insurance mawaw1992 11 905 10-29-2023, 09:29 AM
Last Post: mawaw1992

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.