Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night Statistics
First Night Statistics
Good morning! 

First night in the books. I only remember waking up maybe three times last night.  I woke up with no headache and no anxiety. I do feel somewhat tired-- in other words, I'm not sure if I feel refreshed, but I definitely feel different. I hope you'll be able to tell me what's what with my stats.  

Thank you in advance  I-love-Apnea-Board .
--Leslie

"It will all be fine in the end. If it isn't fine, it isn't the end."
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Night Statistics
looks good for now, put in several more nights and then we will see if there is any treatment adjustments that seem profitable.

a rested feeling is sometimes weeks away. everyone has different results. the "no headache" is a very good sign.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Very good for first night. Of course, one night does not make a trend.
As QAL suggests, let's get a few more night's data.

Ultimately, you will likely need a little more pressure as you are spending much of the night with flow limitation.
Your large leak just before 01:30 has the signature of the mouth being open, permitting air to escape.

Do you think you will eventually set to Auto?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2017, 08:37 AM)justMongo Wrote: Very good for first night.  Of course, one night does not make a trend.
As QAL suggests, let's get a few more night's data.

Ultimately, you will likely need a little more pressure as you are spending much of the night with flow limitation.
Your large leak just before 01:30 has the signature of the mouth being open, permitting air to escape.

Do you think you will eventually set to Auto?

Yes, I will go auto, for sure. Mouth breathing is something I've grappled with before getting CPAP, so yes, I believe that was the case at 1:30 (likely one of the times I was awakended). As I was falling asleep, I had some air rush into my mouth, so I concentrated in keeping my tongue firmly on the roof of my mouth. I guess we'll see if it's going to be a problem.  I am prepared for mouth-breathing fixes as I've purchased a chin strap, cervical collar, athletic mouth guard, and micropore tape.

Thank you for making an assessment!
--Leslie

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2017, 08:20 AM)quiescence at last Wrote: looks good for now, put in several more nights and then we will see if there is any treatment adjustments that seem profitable.

a rested feeling is sometimes weeks away. everyone has different results.  the "no headache" is a very good sign.

QAL

Thank you for taking a look. It was lovely to wake up without the vicious headache! I'll go a full week before posting stats again.  Just wanted to see what you all thought about the first night.  Thank you!
--Leslie

Post Reply Post Reply
One quick thought, your ramp is startting at 4 cm, consider raising it to 6 cm. This is just a comfort thing and many have trouble with 4 cm. Your call but all looks great.

Post subsequent data in this thread so we see history. Don't use attachments for posting pics because you will quickly use all your alloted space. Instead us a service like IMGUR and post a link to the image stored there. You should be able to do that now. See my sig
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you're accustomed to using it, you may find you can turn the ramp off.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Yes, I will go auto, for sure. Mouth breathing is something I've grappled with before getting CPAP, so yes, I believe that was the case at 1:30 (likely one of the times I was awakended). As I was falling asleep, I had some air rush into my mouth, so I concentrated in keeping my tongue firmly on the roof of my mouth. I guess we'll see if it's going to be a problem.  I am prepared for mouth-breathing fixes as I've purchased a chin strap, cervical collar, athletic mouth guard, and micropore tape.
Congratulations on a good first night. I'm impressed with how prepared you are! I'm almost a year into this and I'm still telling myself, one of these days, I should get a chinstrap and deal with the leak issues... Rolleyes
Good for you! Have a great week and keep it up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Happy Thursday!

Feeling a little better and brighter this morning. I did wake up a number of times last night but husband was sick and it wasn't just mask related.  I used the cervical collar and also switched to smaller nasal pillows last night which seemed to help large leaks, but I did have increased obstructive & clear airway events, but the numbers seem (?) kinda low. AHI down slightly, too (1.67 to 1.44).

-- large leak rate went from 17 on Tues. night to 6 last night
-- clear airway events went from 5 on Tues. night to 7 last night
-- Hypopnea went from 4 Tues. night to 0 last night
-- Obstructive events went from 4 Tues. night to 6 last night
-- RERA went from 7 Tues. night to 0 last night

One question: what exactly are clear airway events?

Thank you and have a fabulous day!
--Leslie

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2017, 07:23 AM)rooy1960 Wrote: One question: what exactly are clear airway events?

Clear airway events occur when the brain fails to send the body a signal to breathe.   There are many reasons that this may occur. My best guess if they are few and far between would be: Not being fully asleep or the user not being accustomed to a higher pressure. These seem to be the most common ones.

Good job and good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Understanding OSCAR statistics GusHauck 13 686 11-30-2023, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Statistics Column ovmeadows 1 310 10-27-2023, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Chronic Fatigue despite good CPAP and Oximetry statistics. MoldyBagel 2 648 08-27-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: MoldyBagel
  Help with my statistics Andreselos 0 311 08-24-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Andreselos
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  How do I read the statistics panel? Bricks 4 765 07-03-2022, 10:04 PM
Last Post: cathyf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.