Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night Virgin Flight
First Night Virgin Flight
9.7 hours
AHI 0.8
It was okay but my Quattro Air started farting
when the pressure got higher.
I spent most of the night dealing with leaks.
Started out at 4 and went up to 8.4
Leaks 6L/min
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Night Virgin Flight
That's a darn good result for the first night!

My Quattro Air leaks a bit too. It's funny because I had one on trial that was perfect but now that I've shelled out my own hard-earned I've also got a whoopee cushion attached to my face! Grin It takes a bit of adjusting to get it right - I found that if you loosen off the top straps so you've got just enough tension to stop it blowing into your eyes, it works a lot better. But no too faces are alike, and (hopefully for you) your face doesn't look like mine. Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2013, 08:57 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: That's a darn good result for the first night!

My Quattro Air leaks a bit too. It's funny because I had one on trial that was perfect but now that I've shelled out my own hard-earned I've also got a whoopee cushion attached to my face! Grin It takes a bit of adjusting to get it right - I found that if you loosen off the top straps so you've got just enough tension to stop it blowing into your eyes, it works a lot better. But no too faces are alike, and (hopefully for you) your face doesn't look like mine. Too-funny

Yes, I had whoopee cushions going at both ends. Kept the dog awake all nite.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've had on and off problems with my Quattro Air leaking at night. I also have dry mouth problems, so last night I decided to try using a chin strap.

Amazingly, I didn't notice any leaks, and was sleeping deeply until the damn smoke alarm started chirping around 3:00 a.m. to have its battery changed. When I awoke I noticed that my chin strap had slid off of the top of my head and was wrapped around the front of my mask.

So there's the solution to the Quattro Air leak problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
I find there is a bit of an adjustment time for any of the new style ffm's. The softer seals (Quattro Air and F&P Simplus) are more comfortable and pliable, but tend to fart more and don't handle higher pressures quite as well. It's a trade off with the cushion and seal...pliable enough to get a seal but otherwise solid and you get good leak numbers but poor comfort. Softer and more comfortable tend to have more issues with keeping a good seal.

I've managed to get my Quattro Air to settle down and I'm getting good numbers (surprisingly even better than my nasal mask). If you're getting decent numbers, I'd suggest that you keep trying little adjustments to kill off the leaks...once you find the sweet spot, it's worth it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My poor dog didn't know what to think with all the strange noises coming out of both ends of his master.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2013, 10:03 AM)Lukie Wrote:
(11-21-2013, 08:57 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: That's a darn good result for the first night!

Yes, I had whoopee cushions going at both ends. Kept the dog awake all nite.

Second night was much better!

Usage 10.3 hours
AHI 1.4
Pressure 8.4
Leak 7 L/hour
Love my machine and mask!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 851 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,111 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,342 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,235 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
  non-CPAP device, for in-flight use Moe52 6 1,206 07-31-2019, 07:51 AM
Last Post: ardenum

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.