Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night's Data
RE: First Night's Data
(02-15-2017, 09:19 AM)OpalRose Wrote: BTW, do you feel like you slept any better?

I'm not sure. I'm still pretty tired but you will note that I didn't sleep very long. I suspect better sleep doesn't compensate for sleep deprivation. Thinking-about Now I need to work on "early to bed, early to rise" because with winter ending the "early to rise" is kicking in spite of "late to bed". Rolleyes

Another thing that I think has helped is the buckwheat hull pillow that I started using the night before last. The first night I was on constant pressure but had much fewer flow limitations, although they resulted in a couple of RERAs and OAs. Last night I also had fewer flow limitations and the pressure adjusted to prevent RERAs and OAs. I think the buckwheat pillow helps stabilize my head more and helps prevent chin tucks. It also makes side sleeping more comfortable.

As for the leaks, I think I had fewer with the quatro FX. I may go back to that after a few more nights with the Amara view for comparison.

Thanks again to all for the advice and encouragement. I'm glad I found this forum and have recommended it to a couple of CPAP using friends. I also think it's time for me to make a donation.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Melman, I think in your case the sleep position fix has been of equal importance. I hope you will stick around and help others with a similar problem. It's easy to get overly diverted into AHI and machine settings when simply avoiding a "chin tuck" will do as much or more. Well done on your part to look at the whole solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do plan to stick around because I want to keep learning and want to help where I can. Who knows what issues may pop up with my future therapy.

Thanks to the help and encouragement from this forum I've now had two 0.0 nights in a row which were preceded by a 0.16. Before that my AHI was bouncing all over from below 5 to as high as 15.

For those of you who like data I have posted the charts for the last four nights. The first night (AHI 15.35) was the night before I started using the buckwheat chaff pillow. When I implemented auto pressure is obvious from the graphs.

[Image: 5mVWVC3l.png]

[Image: o5gMc8Pl.png]
[Image: llswkafl.png]

[Image: Ckf2zpil.png]
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
Melman, great post..now about those charts! Oh-jeez

Minimize the calendar using the triangle in the date line
Turn off the right sidebar using the view menu or F10
Turn off the pie chart in File/Preference/Appearance, uncheck pie chart on the right side.
Optional: change normal calculation to show Average instead of median and 90% instead of 95% at File/Preferences/CPAP

Thanks
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 31 28 minutes ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 148 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,560 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  My first full night of OSCAR data. How am I looking? frigid 6 791 08-18-2023, 02:28 PM
Last Post: frigid
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  [Diagnosis] Last Night's Data arkona12 0 294 07-31-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: arkona12
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 851 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.