Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night's Data
(02-15-2017, 09:19 AM)OpalRose Wrote: BTW, do you feel like you slept any better?

I'm not sure. I'm still pretty tired but you will note that I didn't sleep very long. I suspect better sleep doesn't compensate for sleep deprivation. Thinking-about Now I need to work on "early to bed, early to rise" because with winter ending the "early to rise" is kicking in spite of "late to bed". Rolleyes

Another thing that I think has helped is the buckwheat hull pillow that I started using the night before last. The first night I was on constant pressure but had much fewer flow limitations, although they resulted in a couple of RERAs and OAs. Last night I also had fewer flow limitations and the pressure adjusted to prevent RERAs and OAs. I think the buckwheat pillow helps stabilize my head more and helps prevent chin tucks. It also makes side sleeping more comfortable.

As for the leaks, I think I had fewer with the quatro FX. I may go back to that after a few more nights with the Amara view for comparison.

Thanks again to all for the advice and encouragement. I'm glad I found this forum and have recommended it to a couple of CPAP using friends. I also think it's time for me to make a donation.

Post Reply Post Reply
Melman, I think in your case the sleep position fix has been of equal importance. I hope you will stick around and help others with a similar problem. It's easy to get overly diverted into AHI and machine settings when simply avoiding a "chin tuck" will do as much or more. Well done on your part to look at the whole solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do plan to stick around because I want to keep learning and want to help where I can. Who knows what issues may pop up with my future therapy.

Thanks to the help and encouragement from this forum I've now had two 0.0 nights in a row which were preceded by a 0.16. Before that my AHI was bouncing all over from below 5 to as high as 15.

For those of you who like data I have posted the charts for the last four nights. The first night (AHI 15.35) was the night before I started using the buckwheat chaff pillow. When I implemented auto pressure is obvious from the graphs.

[Image: 5mVWVC3l.png]

[Image: o5gMc8Pl.png]
[Image: llswkafl.png]

[Image: Ckf2zpil.png]

Post Reply Post Reply

Melman, great post..now about those charts! Oh-jeez

Minimize the calendar using the triangle in the date line
Turn off the right sidebar using the view menu or F10
Turn off the pie chart in File/Preference/Appearance, uncheck pie chart on the right side.
Optional: change normal calculation to show Average instead of median and 90% instead of 95% at File/Preferences/CPAP

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] SleepyHead data from an unusual night wth RERA & PB Dawnstar 3 91 08-15-2017, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 10 2,352 08-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Last night not a good night Novello1234 15 577 06-26-2017, 05:44 PM
Last Post: DavePaulson
  First CPAP night, questions about Sleepyhead data lrob123 10 774 05-21-2017, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Surfbear
  First night ever - First Nights Data Meredith410 49 2,465 01-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Why does Sleepyhead data not match my machine's data? Ihaveapnea 8 899 01-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Ihaveapnea
  Could some nice person look at my night's data? :) michaelba72 5 587 09-16-2016, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider