Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night using Simplus Mask
RE: First Night using Simplus Mask
(08-12-2016, 10:38 AM)chill Wrote: You can try sleeping with your ear on the edge of your pillow and handing the mask over the edge. If you are an active sleeper that won't have much effect.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try that with the mask on, but as you correctly pointed out, it did not have much effect because I am active when I sleep.

Another area of difficulty is hose routing. I usually try to toss it over the headboard.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2016, 10:58 AM)green wings Wrote: Well, yes, the graph is showing smallish leaks at some times. You might want to go into SleepyHead and turn on the display of CPAP events on the Leak Rate graph to see how the leaks match up with apnea events. (Hold your cursor over the Y-Axis values on the leaks graph and right-click and you'll see a menu come up.)

I'm never sure how correct the leak values are when they show up at the same time as an apnea event. Maybe someone else will have an answer for that.

Did you notice any leaks while you were sleeping or wake up with a dry mouth?

P.S. You probably already know, but those spikes in your pressure graph are the Respironics "Search" routine.
Hi green wings. I did as you instructed. It seems some of the clusters of events are accompanied by rising pressure. At least in my view.

I don't have dry mouth, but I do feel the ocassional leaky breeze when it begins striking my nose or my chin.
[Image: A3KtZsK.png]

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2016, 09:44 PM)SkinTone Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 10:58 AM)green wings Wrote: Well, yes, the graph is showing smallish leaks at some times. You might want to go into SleepyHead and turn on the display of CPAP events on the Leak Rate graph to see how the leaks match up with apnea events. (Hold your cursor over the Y-Axis values on the leaks graph and right-click and you'll see a menu come up.)

I'm never sure how correct the leak values are when they show up at the same time as an apnea event. Maybe someone else will have an answer for that.

Did you notice any leaks while you were sleeping or wake up with a dry mouth?

P.S. You probably already know, but those spikes in your pressure graph are the Respironics "Search" routine.
Hi green wings. I did as you instructed. It seems some of the clusters of events are accompanied by rising pressure. At least in my view.

I don't have dry mouth, but I do feel the ocassional leaky breeze when it begins striking my nose or my chin.
[Image: A3KtZsK.png]

The pressure is rising in response to the the events.

Your leak is fine with either mask .
IMO your min pressure is too low.
From the graphs id start nudging it up .5 at a time, though im guessing youll settle on 11ish to get your ahi down.

When pressue goes up a masks vent rate goes up with it btw which raises the total leak, which with your machine is all you need watch leakwise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ghost1958, I took your advise about the pressure increase. I'm also going to let the doctor know I changed it. When the floor pressure is lifted, does the roof pressure require a lift in pressure too, just to maintain a constant range?

I'll do some research on the leak rates. Someone in this thread mentioned 70 is the large leak flag for the PR DS.

I went back to the Simplus last night. Last night's sleep data showed improvement.
[Image: 6EOpOfr.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2016, 09:53 AM)SkinTone Wrote: Ghost1958, I took your advise about the pressure increase. I'm also going to let the doctor know I changed it. When the floor pressure is lifted, does the roof pressure require a lift in pressure too, just to maintain a constant range?

I'll do some research on the leak rates. Someone in this thread mentioned 70 is the large leak flag for the PR DS.

I went back to the Simplus last night. Last night's sleep data showed improvement.
[Image: 6EOpOfr.png]

Id suggest maybe bumping the max up to 14.5.

If you hit large leak the machine will flag it on SH and also show it on the machine info screen.
As long as its not flagging large leak your fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2016, 10:06 AM)Ghost1958 Wrote: Id suggest maybe bumping the max up to 14.5.
If you hit large leak the machine will flag it on SH and also show it on the machine info screen.
As long as its not flagging large leak your fine.

The range is now 11-15. I slept pretty good last night even though the obstructive events didn't seem to reflect that. I would say the overall sleep quality was better, and less clear airway events. Now if I can just figure out a way to get the obstructive event numbers down.

[Image: kT2ws0P.png]
[Image: jbYDmcA.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone following this thread might find this useful for them. These are the exhaust leak rate specs for the Simplus.
Looks like anywhere between 37-43 is nominal for me.
[Image: WTH5ZDo.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-12-2016, 09:36 PM)SkinTone Wrote: Another area of difficulty is hose routing. I usually try to toss it over the headboard.

Google for "CPAP Hose Holder" or "CPAP Hose Lift". Should be $20 or less. Mine is a metal plate that slips under the mattress and a thin metal pole with a loop on the end. If found this helps a lot with keeps control of the hose. Or you can MacGyver something on the headboard or the wall to achieve the same effect.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to keep mask throughout night Overdrawn 4 273 02-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Overdrawn
  Mask riding up at night robbob2112 1 345 12-22-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: mushroom
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 707 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  Can't keep mask on all night emash124 4 596 09-19-2023, 01:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [CPAP] Waking at night with headache, switch from nasal to full face mask. new2paphopeful 1 650 07-23-2023, 07:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 869 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  [Equipment] Many simplus cushion hisses asm01asm 2 564 06-18-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Kingsway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.