Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night with CPAP.. some questions
RE: First Night with CPAP.. some questions
Wow the [Inappropriate or Offensive Content Removed] at Apria , instead of shipping today as they told me they would be doing , said they wont ship without another prescription from my doctor specifying the airsense. The clowns didnt call me or my doctor. I wouldnt even know baout this if I hadnt called today. How are these companies allowed to exist.

-----
Moderator Action: Inappropriate or Offensive Content Removed

To maintain a family friendly website, inappropriate or offensive content has been removed. This is pursuant to Apnea Board Rules with details given in Rule #2 - Inappropriate Content section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe a good time to find another supplier.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Dont think I can, its all through insurance
Post Reply Post Reply
For myself, I've called my insurance customer service and asked what DME's are nearby and in-network. Since I've got Medicare A&B I've just stuck with the DME that I was using. I did change from Apria to Lincare for PAP as I found them better.

Again for me, but prior to Medicare I had Medicaid and I did the same with them. I called their customer service and asked what's nearby and in-net. Then I called the DME's and found which I liked after calling and finding out the brands they issue. My point is you can choose any in your insurance in-network list. I'd found it most convenient to choose closest from there.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
any DMEs better tahn the rest in the north east?
Post Reply Post Reply
Based on my personal experience, it very much depends on your local offices. National suppliers are going to be most likely Apria, Lincare, and Rotech. Rotech has other names for some local franchises.

From comments of others here on AB more regional or local businesses may be better on the customer service aspect. But with any of the medical supplier stuff YMMV.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check your insurance provider, they will have a list of approved suppliers that you can call and choose  from.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
[inappropriate content removed] the Resmed Autoset is [inappropriate content removed] SO MUCH BETTER. I can breath out almost normally. Even breathing IN feels better. The dreamstation felt like it was blowing my head in, this feels nice and comfortable.

I cant see how to set min/max preasure tho, seems set at 4-20.

Any settings I should set? I turned off the smart ramp as you all mentioned that was a bad feature.

Moderator Action: Inappropriate or Offensive Content Removed
To maintain a family friendly website, inappropriate or offensive content has been removed. This is pursuant to Apnea Board Rules with details given in Rule #2 - Inappropriate Content section.
Post Reply Post Reply
The settings are in the clinical menu.. You can order one from the link in the banner, it is a manual process so don't expect an instant response.
Post Reply Post Reply
Order one from a banner??
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 1 26 6 minutes ago
Last Post: Ostrich
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 160 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,143 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 884 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  New CPAP user - Longest night I've been able to keep it on bopbop 4 401 01-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bopbop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.