Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night with CPAP
First Night with CPAP
New Resmed Airsense 10 Auto, with Phillips nasal pillows (I have a big mustache to accompany my big head.) I was a 42 on my home sleep test.

Errrr.

Was that even a night? I don't remember any of it. Which is good...? I think? I shifted twice?

Once at midnight, I had a rough time with my pads.

I woke up with a sore nose. Likely my straps are too tight, so I'll goof with that tonight. I went and bought Ayr at lunch, so I am appropriately soothed.

The other thing I noted when I woke up: it didn't feel *stumbly.* Wasn't even sure I needed coffee--Silly me, the answer to every morning is always, COFFEE!!!!!

Oh, and I am new here, so I guess this is a delurk. If I put this in the wrong place, let me know. I looked for a newbs corner, but didn't find one.

Velvetackbar
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Night with CPAP
Welcome

You're in the right place Smile
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Forum velvetackbar,

No newbs corner, just jump right in and ask whatever.

And yes, you are in the right place. If you have a software question, there is a separate forum.

Do you have an Auto or Bilevel machine? I ask because your profile says 5-22 pressure range. APAP's only go as high as 20cm. Bilevel's go higher.

Glad you didn't feel *stumbly*, and no one should do without coffee. Coffee

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum. Velvetackbar, I see a couple of others beat me to first reply.
I've been here less than a year myself, and I've learned a lot by listening here and looking at my Sleepyhead data.
From what I hear, pillows don't need to be tight because the air pressure inflates them. My nasal mask works that way.
Don't be shy if you have questions, the most knowledgeable people are the friendliest.

Phil
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi velvetackbar,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2016, 04:30 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Do you have an Auto or Bilevel machine? I ask because your profile says 5-22 pressure range. APAP's only go as high as 20cm. Bilevel's go higher.

So I just ran my SleepyHead, and it shows the following settings:

APAP
5-20.

Sorry :-)

My Max pressure was 9.92.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2016, 11:21 PM)velvetackbar Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 04:30 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Do you have an Auto or Bilevel machine? I ask because your profile says 5-22 pressure range. APAP's only go as high as 20cm. Bilevel's go higher.

So I just ran my SleepyHead, and it shows the following settings:

APAP
5-20.

Sorry :-)

My Max pressure was 9.92.

Great, keep us posted.
Watch your numbers for at least a week and see where your 95% pressure and max pressure is. I would think that your minimum is too low and should fall about 2cm below 90% number. If you are uncomfortable now with low pressure, raising it to 6 won't hurt.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question First night with CPAP (Luna G3) Big Ultima Energy 3 127 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 234 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,217 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 968 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  New CPAP user - Longest night I've been able to keep it on bopbop 4 422 01-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  new CPAP user night 12 .......runny nose Barbara Williams 0 371 11-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Barbara Williams
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 449 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.