Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night with SH Data Please Help.
RE: First Night with SleepyHead Data Please Help.
I have been jumping the gun a bit. I will give 8cm a try starting Sunday night. I need a weekend break from pap too much stress and I get slightly better sleep with nothing. Does the Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt have an autoasv?  What do you guys think of drugs like acetazolamide to treat CSA?

And I have nasal valve surgery this Thursday. Maybe magically this will heal everything lol
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed S9 Vpap Adapt is an ASV Machine it comes in two variants one model number 36007 which is the oldest model that has a fixed epap called ASV mode and the newer model 36037 which in addition to the ASV mode has an auto ASV mode with variable Epap based on snores and flow limitations. The later model algorithm is identical to the newer Resmed aircurve 10 ASV
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=6852]Sleeprider,

Hi, I have taken your advice and tried cpap 8cm straight pressure. Here are the results.. Do you think 7cm may lower the CA's even more?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can ratchet the pressure down a bit slower than that by trying 7.4 or 7.6. I think you're definitely in the ball-park here getting that CA under control. Was this more restful?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2018, 07:48 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You can ratchet the pressure down a bit slower than that by trying 7.4 or 7.6.  I think you're definitely in the ball-park here getting that CA under control.  Was this more restful?

Yes, I just wish I slept longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2018, 07:51 AM)BlueMachine Wrote:
(06-18-2018, 07:48 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: You can ratchet the pressure down a bit slower than that by trying 7.4 or 7.6.  I think you're definitely in the ball-park here getting that CA under control.  Was this more restful?

Yes, I just wish I slept longer.

If your clock is accurate on your graphs, then longer sleep times might mean seeing what you can do to transition to an earlier bed time.  Had you started at 22:00 or 23:00 this could have been 8 to 9 hours.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have an s9 vpap adapt 36007 coming in this week in case I am unable to get my AH under 1.5. I got a very good deal on it. But tonight I try 7.4cm
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 Adapt is a whole different approach. You seem to tolerate fairly low pressure, which will work in your favor using ASV. It would actually be a good idea to identify where your OA threshold is, and use that as the minimum EPAP pressure. The pressure support will then be used to stabilize the breathing rate and resolve CA. In your last graph, there is some periodic looking breathing at 06:20 to 06:40 and that is something the ASV deals with. It will be an interesting trial, but it also takes some time to get used to the pressure support intervention on ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2018, 09:09 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The S9 Adapt is a whole different approach.  You seem to tolerate fairly low pressure, which will work in your favor using ASV.  It would actually be a good idea to identify where your OA threshold is, and use that as the minimum EPAP pressure.  The pressure support will then be used to stabilize the breathing rate and resolve CA.  In your last graph, there is some periodic looking breathing at 06:20 to 06:40 and that is something the ASV deals with.  It will be an interesting trial, but it also takes some time to get used to the pressure support intervention on ASV.

Sounds Like a good approach.  This maybe a dumb question but what would periodic breathing be under?..  I still do not know much about reading data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Periodic breathing is just a repeated or "periodic" increase and decrease in the respiratory flow rate and volume. In an acute case, it may have an apnea at the minimum. There are a lot of graph examples of it if you want I can post some. Yours is relatively mild and not even flagged. With ASV, the machine will apply more pressure support when your respiration volume drops, and less when it is normal in an effort to keep every breath about the same size. The Resmed ASVs including the Adapt actually measure your baseline respiration rate and volume and maintain that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 144 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New member, first night of Oscar data michael7 19 1,559 10-31-2023, 07:07 PM
Last Post: michael7
  My first full night of OSCAR data. How am I looking? frigid 6 791 08-18-2023, 02:28 PM
Last Post: frigid
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  [Diagnosis] Last Night's Data arkona12 0 294 07-31-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: arkona12
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Record full night of SpO2 data from smartwatches ? BillSteamshovel 4 583 06-15-2023, 09:01 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.