Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First OSCAR graphs, mask issues?
First OSCAR graphs, mask issues?
Hi all, please find my daily chart for last night below. It looks like I had some mask leakage issues driving my apnea? When I hit REM my jaw slackens, and even though I use chin strap/mouth tape I believe air is finding a way out of my mouth. I have a superior chin strap on the way that could improve things, after that maybe look into a full face mask? 

Let me know what you guys and gals think. Pressure is set at 8.0 because I can't fall asleep with FOT active and my breaths are too long for even timax 4.0, so even though I use a VAuto it basically functions as a CPAP.

Sorry, screencap is attached

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First OSCAR graphs, mask issues?
Your machine settings are totally bizarre for an Aircurve 10 Vauto. Fixed pressure of 8.0 in VPAP-S mode. Wow, you realize this is flat-out CPAP, right?. Are you ready to make this thing work properly? According to your chart your Ti ranges from a median of only 1.68 and a 95% just over 3.0 seconds, and with pressure support it will be shorter. Show me past results in Vauto mode because I'm skeptical whether you had workable settings.

Go into settings:
Mode: Vauto
EPAP min 8.0
PS 3.0
Max IPAP pressure 15.0
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First OSCAR graphs, mask issues?
You're in the best of hands with Sleeprider; do use the settings he has recommended. Your leaks are fine, unless they are waking you up. And there's nothing to suggest they're driving your apnea.

After you've tried your new settings and posted another chart or two, it'd be worth considering whether a tighter pressure range would serve you better, since you feel you may be sensitive to pressure changes.

Although your leaks are fine, it's good to experiment with a new chin strap. You might also consider reinforcement for your tape if you have an idea where it may be loosening. I use Somnifix tape, with some reinforcement using Fixomull stretch tape (very inexpensive). Also be sure you're drying your lips and pursing them (turning them inward) before you apply your tape.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 51 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 9 186 03-26-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Luka07
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 109 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 156 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,035 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.