Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First SH Results
RE: First SleepyHead Results
The chart below is exactly what we want to see when we ask for a close-up of the flow rate. Here we can see the individual breaths, their timing, flow rate and a couple minor flow limitations where the tops of the peaks are flattened. Looks great. A full night can be show by expanding that view to the whole night.

Your pressure is set at 4-20 which is the default for an auto cpap on someone just starting titration. The Philips Dreamstation is too slow to respond to obstruction from such a low minimum pressure. We can see your median pressure was 6.7 and the 95% pressure reached almost 10 at 9.7. So the recommendation to increase the minimum pressure to 7.0 is very sound and should give you much better results.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8339]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your input. I see now that I only had a small portion highlighted for screen print. Blushing! I'm usually smarter than that. Living up to my screen name, haha!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2018, 09:08 PM)Stupid1 Wrote: Thank you all for your input.  I see now that I only had a small portion highlighted for screen print.  Blushing!  I'm usually smarter than that.  Living up to my screen name, haha!

You are doing really well with posting the SleepyHead charts.
Keep us posted how your therapy goes if you made any changes.
Sleep-well
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm currently awaiting my Caldera Releaf Neck Rest, but am pleased with my latest Sleepyhead results.
Post Reply Post Reply
The higher minimum pressure has really helped improve your results. It will be interesting to see the results and any additional improvements with the collar. Well done so far!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sleeprider.  I really hope that I can wear the neck collar.  I have DDD pretty severe in my neck and was told at one point that my neck appears to be that of a ninety-year-old, and I was in mid-fifties at the time.  I was given a neck collar at my doctor's office several years ago and I just could not wear it.  It hurt too much.  I'm hoping that the design of the Caldera Releaf will be comfortable and not too restrictive.  Thanks again for your input.  I'll post again in a week or so after collar has been given the break-in period.  Have a Great Day!
Post Reply Post Reply
Great results so far and really impressed you are managing to keep the mask on all night - as you say hopefully the cervical collar will work for you. The re-leaf one is really quite soft compared to a surgical one so hopefully will work, all the best

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
I've received my Sleep Collar and have finally begun to feel comfortable with it on at night.  Some nights, at first, I would yank the thing off as it would begin to make my neck hurt.  I am a side-sleeper for the most part, but developed the side-sleeping to compensate for the snoring and lack of air if I slept on my back (pre-CPAP).  My numbers are getting better.  I've raised my min pressure to 8, and max to 14.  Doctor's orders were a set pressure of 8, with CFlex of 3.  Will he be happy with what I have done?  I go for my first CPAP visit this next week.  

Part of why I am posting today is in regards to periods of very shallow breathing which I have noticed on several days.  I will post a screenshot of that next.  I also wanted to ask for advice as to what materials I need to take the doctor as I have decided to work outside of the DME for now.  I purchased my machine, new, from an individual.
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks like mouth breathing to me, you are breathing in through the machine but out through your mouth. Why the machine is not flagging leaks I don’t know but that looks like what’s happening
Post Reply Post Reply
That would make sense from what you are telling me.  How can I check that?  Or maybe any suggestions on a chin strap, GRRRRRR.  Didn't really want to wear one of those, but if need be, then so be it.  Thanks for the input.  Any other suggestions, folks?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 279 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 539 04-22-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,555 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,595 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 2,005 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 185 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 241 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.