Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Saved Data Test
First Saved Data Test
Ok, I am seeing if I can post my first 'saved' data from last night and would like to see if it shows up here or if it needs to be done via a screen shot.  If from a screen shot, I'm guessing I need to take multiple shots if using a laptop as I don't see very many data graphs per screen.

Looks like saving the data and importing via attachment didn't work.  Back to the drawing board.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Saved Data Test
There are a couple of guides on how to post and organize your charts here. Posting an Image in 5 Easy Steps       Organize your SleepyHead Charts. If you need more help with any aspect of posting data don't hesitate to ask.

Best of luck,

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave:  I'm stuck with the "paste" method;

I did this:

Step 4 - Copy Image Location (2 methods)
Method 1:
On the right side of the screen, midway down, you will see a box with a button to its right, labeled
“Copy”. Pressing this will record its listed url to your clipboard.

Step 5 - Inserting your image in a post
Using the Quick Reply:
Type the following image tags  [img]  [/img]
In between the tags insert your copied link.

But when I do this, in between the [img] [/img] all that I see is this:  http://imgur.com/a/6M6CK  and not the photo of
the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the joys of web programming! That text you see is the clue for a browser to fetch that picture and display it; but it can't to it on the page where you are typing it in.
If you look at your post just above, you will see that the 'this' you saw is now blue instead of black; the ApneaBoard server software has displayed it as a clickable link, and I did, in fact, look at your chart.

So you did do everything right - at least as far as showing us your chart. Others will comment on how you can improve your sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is your image.  I think your link was lacking the .png

https://i.imgur.com/Un7GI7D.png

See my signature line for directions.

[Image: Un7GI7D.png]
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd say you're getting close

[Image: Un7GI7D.png]

Your are using your Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset in CPAP mode at a fixed pressure of 10 with EPR set to 2.  This makes your pressure 10/8.   You had clusters of obstructive events at 23:50 abd 03:40 and a few CA events scattered through the night for an AHI rate of 8.3 per hour.  Overall the leak rate is pretty decent.  It would be useful to see flow limitations and snores that may be warning of the obstructive events, and which your machine would use as a clue to increase pressure to prevent those events.  

I guess the questions for now are how did you arrive at this fixed pressure setting?  If this is based on titration, did that study account for the 2-cm pressure reduction you have with EPR?   Your results are within reason for starting out, and it would be interesting to know more about your diagnostic and titration sleep studies.  The strong clustering of events suggests positional apnea to me rather than a problem with settings.  Try to be aware of obstruction increasing if your chin tucks towards  your chest or you sleep in a position that contributes to airway obstruction.  Changing to an ergonomic pillow or soft cervical collar can prevent these problems.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
-When I had my sleep study done I woke up and said it was a good night for me, I didn't feel as though I had any apnea during the night, at least not based on other nights where I would wake feeling like I just got done running a marathon (I did one this last March).

-My sleep study showed an AHI of 6.1 and the doctor wasn't going to put me on CPAP but I told him I have a few good nights and a LOT of bad nights.  I felt the one sleep study was a good night for me and he did give me the go ahead for another sleep study to determine how much pressure I needed.

-The second sleep study was done and I do not know the results other than I was told I would need a CPAP of 10. 

-I called the DME and asked them how I was doing after about 5 nights and was told my AHI went up and I may need more pressure.  After I hung up the phone I realized she may have been basing my increased apnea from my first sleep study, which to me again, was basically felt like I had no apnea that night.

-Even if my AHI is up compared to that one sleep study, with this CPAP of 10, I am feeling so much better when I wake up in the morning, so an AHI of 8 must be better than what it was on my normal nights.  The question is, do I need to increase my pressure, which I will monitor for a few more days now that I know how to look at the data myself, then call the DME.

-As far as showing more flow data reports, do I need to do the F11 and F12 after I scrolled the screen display downwards further?

-Historically I have always slept on my back, since I started to suspect apnea I have started to sleep on my side so I don't know how I can change my position once I am asleep, except maybe put on a neck collar of some sort, but isn't the full face mask suppose to pretty much take care of obstruction apnea?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it is very early in your treatment to take any drastic action, but I am a believer in the value of auto CPAP. When I was diagnosed many years ago, I was given an Auto machine and told to self-titrate. So, I am inclined to optimize results using the automatic settings. In your case this would mean setting the machine to Autoset mode, minimum pressure to 10 and maximum pressure to 14 and leaving EPR at 2 for now. You could set the minimum to 9 and I'm sure the results will be similar. I would use the standard Autoset mode for a fairly fast response. You can be assured that the machine will detect obstruction before it turns to apnea or clusters, and the reasons for any pressure increases will be visible in the graphs.

In your next posted chart, you can omit the mask pressure, but include flow limitation and snores, and that will help. Very good job on this graph and all I did was enclose your link in IMG tags. To put settings on the machine, just press the Home key and Control Knob at the same time, then enter settings. You can get a manual for settings from the link above for CPAP setup manuals http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 115 38 minutes ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 133 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 213 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 883 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 869 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 355 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  First Sleep Test OwenTrantor 56 3,995 02-19-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.