Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Screen Shot please review -OSCAR reformatted
First Screen Shot please review
I have started back on therapy after a long hiatus.  The settings are self adjusted with no recent sleep tests being performed.  Oscar is new to me and I am assuming I am on the right track.  If so is there room for more improvement?  If these results are not good how can I improve. 

Thank you for any input.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Screen Shot please review
G'day WarEagle. That's a pretty good looking result! Virtually no apneas or hypopneas and six hours solid sleep.

However the machine is running at the maximum pressure which could indicate there is something going on which doesn't appear in your chart, such as flow limitations or snoring. Could I suggest you reformat your chart to turn off the calendar and pie chart, and include the flow limitation and snore graphs? You can also turn the mask pressure graph off. The easy-to-follow instructions are here: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization
Post Reply Post Reply
First Screen Shot please review -OSCAR Chart reformatted
First Screen Shot please review
I have started back on therapy after a long hiatus.  The settings are self adjusted with no recent sleep tests being performed.  Oscar is new to me and I am assuming I am on the right track.  If so is there room for more improvement?  If these results are not good how can I improve. 

Thank you for any input.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Screen Shot please review -OSCAR reformatted
WarEagle,
Your threads have been merged.
Please see your PM's.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again WarEagle. I have to apologise - I saw one of your posts and though it was a repeat, so I deleted it. Didn't realise that the attachment was different. Luckily our new administrator OpalRose was able to sort things out.

Anyhow, let's look at the reformatted chart... As before, the apneas and hypopneas are extremely low and there's nothing really to be done to improve the AHI. However I think the flow limitations are causing the pressure to go higher. (A flow limitation is a partial closure of the upper airway, which impedes the flow of air into the lungs). I'd be inclined to experiment with the pressure - raise the maximum from 12 to 15 and see if that has a measurable effect. It should allow you to breathe easier while asleep, and you should feel even better in the morning as a result.

If the experiment doesn't work out you can reset your pressure back the way it currently is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you I will give that a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if one of the experts could address the question whether WarEagle should try increasing his PS up from its current 2 to try to reduce his FLs. He has a VAuto and so has PS headroom.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good suggestion Dormeo. Of course increasing the PS needs to be done in conjunction with increasing the max pressure.

Given the very low numbers of apnea and hypopnea, I think WarEagle should concentrate on maximising comfort and being well rested. Reducing the flow limitations might play a part in that - or he may already feel great and not feel the need for any change.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it were me, I'd follow the titration guide for bipap and raise the PS for flow limitations, snoring and obstructive H. The min epap is for OA. min epap 10, PS4 could be a place to start. and max epap or ipap at 25.
This may help
http://c398534.r34.cf1.rackcdn.com/DOCUM...Canada.pdf
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,061 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 333 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 718 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airsense 11 Autoset Oscar Data - How to Review goblue2024 1 422 01-09-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 532 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,986 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.