Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Sleep Test
RE: First Sleep Test
I too discovered I was a mouth breather. How would I know I was sleeping! Once I got a full mask things got better. Then just used my rested 10 with standard settings and waited to see how it worked. Which was like a dream.

I did move over to F & P Simplus mask/far more comfortable for my face and head.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all,

Thanks again for your help so far. I tested the device yesterday at around 1500 for an hour or so then fell asleep around 2230-0545 but woke up with the mask off. Looks like i may have taken it off around 0345. Also woke up twice to go to bathroom.

I feel pretty tired and don't feel like it really worked, I think my OSCAR scores speak for that too but I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I get the impression by my mouth drool (sorry for the image!) that I must have had my mouth open..

This was using the P10 nasal pillows + chin strap.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, you're going to need higher pressure and to work on a cervical collar. This is probably the worst positional apnea I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot. Increase pressure to minimum 12.0, maximum 18.0 EPR full-time at 3.

Read the soft cervical collar wiki. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar

With this need for higher pressure and very high obstructive AHI, you might be looking at a bilevel machine that has a higher pressure and pressure support capability.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey SleepRider,

Thank you for the info. Some small positive news was that my wife said my snoring was much better than normal, but obviously that doesn't equal better apnea... but hopefully a sign that we're on the right track.

Would trying the FFM be worth a go at this stage?
Post Reply Post Reply
You actually had a relatively low leak rate. My concern is that the chin strap was pulling your chin back, rather than up, and that may have been the source of obstruction. Try sitting in a chair where you can fully relax and breathe normally. As you relax let your chin drop towards your chest and be aware of any increased airway resistance. Now try it with the chin strap. Any difference? It may fully obstruct your airway.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey SleepRider,

I'll try that and perhaps try tonight without the chin strap. I'll report back tomorrow with my results.

Honestly, thank you so much for your help so far. You've all been completely invaluable.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Knightsbridge chin strap pulls the jaw straight up. Take a look at it and see what you think.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Dormeo,

This was the one I had purchased and maybe it's not up to scratch:

https://www.intushealthcare.com/product/...hin-strap/
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm. Do you think it's adjusted so it pulls your jaw straight up?
Post Reply Post Reply
To be honest, I wasn't sure if it was working at all and it fell off at some point during the night...

Will try tonight without the chin strap at all to see how that affects the figures - with the updated suggested settings from SleepRider.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 134 Yesterday, 05:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 134 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 214 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 886 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 869 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.