Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Sleepy Head Data
RE: First Sleepy Head Data
For bolstering your back so you don't roll on it, I found a Therapedic "sleep wedge" which works pretty well. You set it along the line where your back is and if you roll backward, it props you up.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto ASV is the way that machine is intended to run. The way to deal with it is not through the DME, but to leave a message with your doctor that you want to use the auto ASV mode otherwise using his prescription. You may find your settings magically reset.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SleepRider, that is a great idea!! I'll give him a call!

Thank you!!!

Beej:  This sounds real good... Would this wedge take up too much room in bed and made my wife uncomfortable?

Thank you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote pid='192252' dateline='1487428322']
Beej:  This sounds real good... Would this wedge take up too much room in bed and made my wife uncomfortable?

Thank you!!
[/quote]

It'll depend on the size of your bed.
It does take a fair chunk of a 3/4 antique bed (wider than a single, narrower than a full).

Take measurements of the bed and discuss with your wife how much room could be allotted to the bolster, then shop from there. Any fairly firm support to prevent rolling on your back should help.

Another trick is to sew a pocket on the back of a night shirt and put a tennis ball in it. It prompts you to roll on your side if you end up on your back.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2017, 09:23 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Auto ASV is the way that machine is intended to run. The way to deal with it is not through the DME, but to leave a message with your doctor that you want to use the auto ASV mode otherwise using his prescription.  You may find your settings magically reset.

By all means , follow Sleeprider's advice. I had the same compliance concerns. I left a message for my doctor summarizing the data I was observing and expressing my desire to try auto pressure settings. After three days I was getting frustrated because I hadn't heard back but that night when I turned on my CPAP it was "magically" reset from a constant pressure of 10 to an auto range of 8-14.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Melman,

I agree with the approach you and SleepRider are suggesting.  I will give it a try..

Thank you very much!!1
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Head position optimization apneavolt 11 354 04-16-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 283 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 593 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Still Sleepy? HotdogFriendo 4 398 01-15-2024, 11:38 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Low AHI, compliant but still sleepy jamwin 2 354 11-30-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: jamwin
  Low AHI, Comfortable w/ APAP but Still Sleepy SJGD7 3 1,125 10-10-2023, 09:58 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Still sleepy during the day - low tidal, high resp.? mildOA 3 511 09-19-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.